Question about 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe
2002 tahoe won't go into programming mode after doing the hold unlock button and on off on off sequence. Is there something else I should check?
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
if you have an original working fob and your owner's manual,it will explain procedure,otherwise will have to go to dealer to be programmed
Posted on May 17, 2009
1. Close all vehicle doors.
2. Insert the key into the ignition.
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver’s door panel-continue to hold
down until instructed to release in step 9.
4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.
5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the
6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock
the doors automatically.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously until
the door locks and unlocks.
This step may take up to 30 seconds.
11. Repeat step 10 NOW for each additional transmitter (including any existing
12. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming
Thanks for using FixYa - a FixYa rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on May 27, 2009
get in your truck close all the doors put your key in the ignition push and hold your unlock button on the door panel turn the key on then off then on then off release the onlock button at this time the lock should cycle lock then unlock by them self if they did push and hold your lock and the unlock buttons on your remote at the same time for 15 seconds the lock should cycle agian and you are programmed
Posted on Jun 04, 2009
this is a fairly simple fix, you will use a method called 3-10's:
step 1 is to turn key on engine off.
step 2 is turn key to start briefly then let off (maybe a second and then just let off key)
step 3 remain inside vehicle do not touch anything for approx. 10 mins. then on your message board the security will quit blinking .
step 4 at this time you will turn the key off for FIVE mins. and turn back on.
repeat step 1-4 TWO more times, after this time you can turn the key off once again and your done the next time you cycle the key, the fob should be programmed to your computer. good luck
Posted on Mar 10, 2010
lol...turn the key on..there a reset button on the dash that show mile how far u drive..well push and hold while the ignition on and engine off until it blink..than start tap it until you came across door lock/alarm...ok ...here the trick..leave the setting on the alarm. than u can press an hold unlock n lock until u hear the door lock than u release turn key off n on than off again...and than try your transmitter
Posted on Apr 21, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 19, 2018 | 2002 Pontiac Grand Am
Jan 12, 2016 | 2002 GMC Sierra 2500
Mar 12, 2015 | 2002 Chevrolet Chevrolet Tahoe
Feb 15, 2015 | 2005 Chevrolet Malibu
Oct 12, 2010 | 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe
Sep 01, 2009 | 1996 Chevrolet Tahoe
Jun 25, 2009 | 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe
Jun 09, 2009 | 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe
Jun 04, 2009 | 2001 Chevrolet Blazer
May 27, 2009 | 2001 Chevrolet Blazer
1,811 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!