Question about 2007 Chevrolet Malibu SS Sedan New Cars
Just bought a 2007 Chevy Malibu that only came with one key. It seems like a smart idea to have a spare but I don't want to pay dealer prices. I've heard that it is possible to program a key but can't find many details on how this is done. The best I can find is = START THE CAR WITH THE ORIGINAL KEY, TURN THE ENGINE OFF, QUICKLY START THE CAR WITH THE UNPROGRAMMED KEY AND THIS WILL PROGRAM THE KEY. Does that sound right? Any information and help you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks.
Key FOB programming is definately not a dealer only job, as much as they'd like
you to think it is!:disappoin Try this procedure. It's a pretty standard
procedure across the GM line: (write-up compliments of nat3ten from trailblazer
"1 SIT IN VEHICLE AND CLOSE DOOR
2 HOLD FINGER DOWN ON UNLOCK POWER DOOR LOCK SWITCH ON DRIVERS DOOR.
3 put key in ignition, TURN IGNITION ON / OFF , ON / OFF.LEAVE KEY IN IGNITION.(DO NOT START VEHICLE, ON POSITION IS THE POSITION BEFORE START)
4 RELEASE FINGER FROM POWER DOOR LOCK.POWER DOOR LOCKS WILL CYCLE.(JUMP UP AND DOWN)
5 PRESS AND HOLD BOTH THE LOCK AND UNLOCK BUTTONS ON NEW REMOTE UNTILL YOU HEAR POWER DOOR LOCKS CYCLE.(JUMP UP AND DOWN) YOU MAY HAVE TO HOLD BOTH BUTTONS DOWN FOR 5- 20 SECONDS.
6 TAKE 2ND NEW , OR OLD REMOTE AND HOLD BOTH UNLOCK AND LOCK BUTTONS DOWN UNTILL LOCKS CYCLE.(MAY TAKE 5- 20 SECONDS)
7 TURN KEY ON, THEN OFF.
YOU ARE DONE, EXIT VEHICLE AND TRY YOUR REMOTE."
Posted on Nov 26, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: programing keyless entry
If you have an owners manual the programming instructions are in there. If no manual here they are:
1. Turn the ignition off.
2. Ground the receiver program terminal. Jump the two terminals located in the programing ground connector. (What this means in simple terms is locate the wires that run on the right side of the trunk. There is two black wires that has a plug on the end with two prongs. It is in between the antenna and tail lights.)
3. Within 2 seconds of connecting the prongs the door locks will lock. The unlock and the rear compartment lid release will produce a cycle, causing the horn to chirp. This indicates that the module is ready for reprogramming.
4. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons at the same time until the doors lock and unlock. The rear compartment lid will release and the horn sounds to indicate that the transmitter has successfully been reprogrammed. (Hold buttons down for approximately 12 seconds)
5. Repeat the previous step for the remaining transmitters.
6. Remove the jumper at the program connector.
7. Verify the proper operation of each transmitter
Posted on Sep 30, 2008
the only thing i will recomend is to make sure the engine is complety cold before doing it, because more of this cars come with aluminum heads and if not cold before doing it might damage spark plug thread, i can't remebre very well the easiest way to replace them, but if it is a v-6 motor will be easier by removing the two top engine mounts on top of radiator and the gently lift transmission by rear side of car and this will give you more clearance on the rear plugs, and if plug wires are hard to remove tunr it rt to left and then puul them of, if they brake don;t try to fix them just replace it.
Posted on Jun 16, 2008
There are two wires in the trunk that you have to fumble around with. When you open the trunk it is on the right hand side...They may be taped up, play around with the two wires until you here the locks of the doors lock and then unlock and the trunk latch will open. Make sure the windows are open when you try this so you wont get locked out by chance. Once this happens, hold the "Lock" and "Unlock" buttons simultaneously for 15 secs until the locks repeat the locking and unlocking pattern they performed earlier. Once this happens, you are programmed and ready to go.
Posted on Aug 16, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 12, 2016 | 2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx
May 28, 2012 | 2005 Chevrolet Malibu
Jan 31, 2012 | 2003 Chevrolet Malibu
Dec 07, 2010 | 2003 Chevrolet Malibu
Mar 09, 2010 | 2008 Chevrolet Malibu
Jun 08, 2009 | 2000 Chevrolet Malibu
Jan 22, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet Malibu
Jul 28, 2008 | 2008 Chevrolet Malibu
Jul 10, 2014 | 2007 Chevrolet Malibu SS Sedan New Cars
Jul 11, 2014 | 2007 Chevrolet Malibu SS Sedan New Cars
768 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!