How do I change the engine air filter in my 2007 Toyota Avalon. I found the plastic box on the right side of the engine compartment and 3 retaining clips. However, I can not find a fourth clip and the cover will not come all the way off. Does anyone have a picture or description which will help me remove the cover?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The cabin air filter is located behind the glove box, to replace it open the glove box and remove the small strut damper on the right side, drop the glove box lid all the way down, the filter is located inside the rectangular cover.
How to Replace an AirConditioner Filter on a 2002 ToyotaAvalon
The air conditioner filter onthe 2002 Toyota Avalon is more commonly referred to as the cabin air filter.The filter does more than just regulate the flow of air: It also filters outpollen, dust, exhaust fumes and air pollution. Because it directly affects thelevel and quality of air coming into the passenger cab through the interior airvents, it can compromise the performance of the air conditioning, as well asthat of the heating system, if not changed at regular intervals.
1. Openthe Avalon's passenger's side door.
2. Open the glove box and removeits contents.
3. Locate the stop screw on the right side ofthe glove box, and remove it with the Phillips-head screwdriver while bracingthe bottom of the glove box.
4. Gently swing the glove box downward andlet it hang upside-down towards the passenger's side floorboard.
5. Locate the white filter frame, now visiblefrom behind the original glove box's position.
6. Push the tabs at each end of the filterframe inward to unlock it, then pull the tray and filter assembly out of thecabin air filter housing.
7. Remove the oldfilter from the tray, then install the new one, making sure to tuck the ends ofthe replacement filter under the tabs on the left and right sides of the tray.
8. Reinsert the trayand filter assembly into the filter housing; push it until the tabsautomatically lock the door of the tray into place.
9. Reassemble theglove box by lifting it up, replacing the stop screw and then returning itscontents before closing it. you may check at www.ehow.com just type how to replace an air conditioner filter of a 2002 Toyota Avalon..
the 2007 avalon has a cannister oil filter loof under the passenger front of the car youl see the oil pan and drain plug its just in front of the oil pan towards the front of the car its metal casing with a small square in the center thats where youl need a 3/8 exstension and ratchet to loosin the cap to change the gasket for the cap when you get your oil filter it comes with a small plastic piece so you can drain the oil out of the oil filter case, to change the oil filter itself you need a toyota specific oil filter tool to loosin(can get at any toyota dealer run about 20 bucks) take the filter out change the gasket around the case and thats it hope this helps
I will be happy to provide you with the instructions.
Open the glove box.
Remove all of the contents.
Observe the right side of the glove box door, you will see a black plastic thing/arm that is connected to a cylindrical device; Remove the arm from the glove box door.
After the arm is disengaged from the glove box door. squeeze the sides of the glove box towards the middle, to defeat the 2 stops that prevent the glove box from falling completely open.
Whilst squeezing the sides of the box inward, lower the glove box door down.
With a flashlight, look into the area behind the glove box. You will see a long rectangular device, this is the door/tray for the cabin air filter. Pull it out, towards you. Once it is out, you will be able to extract the dirty filter, and replace it with a new one.
This entire procedure should take you about 3 minutes. Very easy.
Thanks for choosing FIxYa for assistance. A FIxYa rating (4 blue diamonds) would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.