Question about 2001 Dodge Dakota
Radio won't function after battery reconnect. Bass and treble lites flash on and off, but radio won't function. Have disconnected battery before and had no problem. HELP!!
I hope that this solution will help you:
When disconnecting and reconnecting battery, first disconnect the
(-) negative post first and connect it last.
Before you connect the battery cables again, wait 15 to 30 min. to allow the vehicle's computer to reset.
1. Set parking brake. Put it on park.
2. Turn off any accessories.
3. Start engine.
4. Run engine until it reaches operating temperature. Idle it for at least one min.
5. Turn a/c on and let it idle for at least one min.
6. With foot on brake and a/c on, put it on drive. allow to idle for at least one min.
7. Drive the vehicle for at least 10 miles to allow the computer to start the re-learning process.
8. This should be done to have the vehicle's computer to re-learn the idle and fuel trim strategy among other problems that disconnecting and reconnecting the battery may cause.
I hope this will help you.
Remember, if you want to reset the vehicle's computer, you should wait from 15 to 30 min. before re-connecting it.
Posted on Jul 24, 2013
The radio is in theft lock, you will need your unique code that came with the truck new to unlock it.
Posted on Jun 28, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 28, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 01, 2012 | 2001 Dodge Neon
Mar 21, 2009 | 2001 Dodge Intrepid
Mar 21, 2009 | 2004 Dodge Intrepid
Feb 27, 2009 | 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Sport 4WD
554 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: