Question about 2000 GMC Savana
Are there 2 front wheel bearings on each wheel?
You are correct, there are 2 on each wheel. One inner and one outer. Good luck. Thanks for rating my response and for using FixYa!
Posted on Jun 28, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 11, 2016 | 2002 Suzuki XL-7
Nov 26, 2015 | Toyota Cars & Trucks
Feb 18, 2015 | Mercedes-Benz 500-Class Cars & Trucks
3. Remove retaining ring. If the bearing inner race remains on wheel hub, grind a section of inner race until approximately 0.020 in (0.5 mm) remains. Remove race with a chisel.
4. Remove wheel bearing with suitable tool.
• Do not remove dust cover unless necessary. • Do not reuse dust cover if removed. 5. Mark relative positions of dust cover and knuckle for proper reassembly. 6. Remove dust cover with a chisel.
• Do not remove wheel hub bolt unless necessary. • Do not reuse wheel hub bolt if removed. 7. Remove wheel hub bolt with a press.
Assembly 1. Press in new wheel studs. Front wheel hub press in either bolt turning or loosening by the torque of 108.5 lb•ft (147 N•m, 15 kg•m) shall not be premissible.
2. Mark new dust cover to match the removed dust cover. 3. Align mark on new dust cover with knuckle. 4. Install new dust cover with suitable tool.
5. Install new wheel bearing with suitable tool. 6. Install front wheel hub assembly with suitable tool.
• Use a new oil seal, and apply grease to seal. • Install oil seal so that it is flush with knuckle. 7. Install new oil seal with SST(0K993 331 016).
Jan 12, 2013 | 2003 Kia Sedona
Jan 11, 2013 | 2004 Dodge Dakota
Apr 22, 2012 | 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Mar 06, 2010 | 2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Apr 10, 2009 | 1996 Mercury Villager
59 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: