I have to lower the front crossmember to remove the oil pan. Is there any precautions I should know about? It is on 2004 jeep liberty 4x4
no engine stated, they even have diesel. or 3.7L GAS.
I toss my first coil, land on 3.7L V6.
great question, like the very first ever.
most just do it and get in trouble. vast posts in this.
but whats up, what is wrong, what part failed.?
this is best to know, so we can send you the official chapter on this from jeep.
sure use jackstands, never jacks only and never bricks .
04,KJ jeep 4wd pan off.
in chapter 9 ,under diagnostics, and pan leaks. that?
it says read
Refer to 9 -
ENGINE/LUBRICATION/OIL PAN -
REMOVAL). page 1555 (3.7L)
and i quote:
1. Disconnect and isolate negative battery cable.
2. Install engine support fixture.
3. Raise and support vehicle.
4. Remove front wheel assemblies.
5. Remove skid plate (if equipped). (Refer to 13 -
FRAME & BUMPERS/FRAME/FRONT SKID
PLATE - REMOVAL)
6. Drain engine oil.
7. Mark adjustment cam position of front lower control
8. Remove front lower control arm bolts. (Refer to 2 -
SUSPENSION/FRONT/LOWER CONTROL ARM -
9. Disconnect LH tie rod. (Refer to 19 - STEERING/
LINKAGE/TIE ROD END - REMOVAL)
10. Disconnect LH lower ball joint (Refer to 2 - SUSPENSION/
FRONT/LOWER BALL JOINT -
11. Disconnect LH strut clevis (Refer to 2 - SUSPENSION/
FRONT/CLEVIS BRACKET - REMOVAL)
12. Remove LH front axle (Refer to 3 - DIFFERENTIAL
& DRIVELINE/HALF SHAFT - REMOVAL)
13. Remove front axle brace bolts.
14. Remove front prop shaft. (Refer to 3 - DIFFERENTIAL
& DRIVELINE/PROPELLER SHAFT/
PROPELLER SHAFT - REMOVAL)
15. Drain front axle.
16. Using a transmission jack, support front axle.
17. Remove axle bracket bolts. (Refer to 3 - DIFFERENTIAL & DRIVELINE/FRONT AXLE - REMOVAL)
18. With RH axle still in place, remove front differential.
19. Remove transmission oil cooler line bracket.
20. Remove engine to transmission stiffening bracket.
21. Position Special Tool 8534 on fender lip and align the slots in the brackets with the fender mounting holes.
22. Secure brackets to the fender using four M6 X 1.0 X 25 MM flanged cap screws.
23. Tighten the thumbscrews to secure the sleeves to the support tube.
24. Secure the support tube in an upright position.
25. Assemble the flat washer, thrust bearing, hook and T handle.
26. Using the M10 X 1.75 mm flanged nut supplied with the support fixture, secure the chain to the front engine
27. Loosen engine mounts.
28. Remove oil pan bolts.
29. Seperate oil pan (1) from engine.
30. Move oil pan to one side, remove oils sump bolt and windage tray bolts,
NOTE: Do not pry on oil pan or oil pan gasket. Gasket is integral to engine windage tray and does not come
out with oil pan.
end quote, (off)
Nov 30, 2016 |
2004 Jeep Liberty