Question about 1996 Ford Crown Victoria

1 Answer

Receiver dryer There is a tall black tank on the left side of engine. is that the receiver / dryer?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Expert
  • 365 Answers


Posted on Jun 28, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

Were is radiator cap on2003 tahoa

The radiator is filled from an expansion tank inside the engine bay. With the hood open and looking towards the rear of the vehicle. Look to the left side of the engine bay. About half way back there's a white plastic tank with a black screw on lid. This is the radiator expansion tank.


Jan 15, 2018 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

What is this

black cylinder thing on left is air cond dryer tank refridgerant pressure switch is top center of photo under this is Thermactor sort of a old time way of Exaust gas Heat recovery for cold starts these were abandoned because the diaphram would puncture from engine missfires and release exaust under hood and hence passenger compartment making car unsafe to drive

May 02, 2014 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Not sent fuel from left side of tank to right side on my C203 270CDI

If you have two tanks then you may have two fuel pumps
& one quite,check that out,learn what your vehicle has

One or two pumps
Maybe a switch & solenoid

Nov 15, 2012 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

How do i find and replace the turn flasher on my 1198 jimmy


Jan 15, 2011 | 1998 GMC Jimmy

1 Answer

Where is the low pressure refill port on mercury sable 2002

Look for the receiver/dryer a tall "beer can" shaped device. It should be marked "LOW" or have a larger diameter pipe than the high side of the AC and fit the "self service" charging connect. Your manual has this listed as a "danger" item.

Jul 03, 2010 | 2002 Mercury Sable

2 Answers

Where do you find the resivor to fill the power stearing fluid

when viewing from the passenger side, lower left of the engine use a flashlight. it's difficult to see

May 30, 2010 | 1995 Pontiac Bonneville

1 Answer

Heater blows cold air

Start by making sure your coolant level is full ( engine off and engine cold.You don't have to open the radiator cap, just view the coolant tanks capacity, which is located on the left side.Lift the hood and on the left side of the engine you'll see two hoses running from the firewall to a black valve,then two hoses from the black valve to the engine. This valve is your switch that is vacuum activated by a small plastic vacuum hose attached to the top. Make sure the hose is secure and not leaking air/vacuum. It moves a lever when turned on, be sure the lever is moving.

Jan 19, 2010 | 1995 Jeep Cherokee

2 Answers

Where is my low side port on the ac of a 2000 expedition?

By the receiver dryer, left side of engine compartment on the firewall looking from the front. Its hidden by a piece up black plastic right below the starter solenoid...

Jul 14, 2009 | 2000 Ford Expedition

1 Answer


It is the tall silver tank

Jun 27, 2009 | 1996 Ford Crown Victoria

1 Answer

Need to put in ac refrigerant

hi, you are looking for a 1/2 " aluminum tube (or painted black), when you find that, follow the tube until you find an attatched, rounded cylinder/tanks with wires attatched, when you find that, look for a blue plastic cap, if cap is present, that is your connector! if no cap present , the connector is approx. 1/2" wide, 1-1 1/2" inches tall and attatched to afor mentioned tube near tank/cylinder (actualy called receiver/drier)....good luck, marty

May 27, 2009 | 1999 Lincoln Town Car

Not finding what you are looking for?
1996 Ford Crown Victoria Logo

Related Topics:

42 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Ford Experts


Level 3 Expert

80417 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5687 Answers

Are you a Ford Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides