Question about 1995 Volvo 850
I disconnected my car battery and now I need my radio code & I need to know how to reset my service reminder Indicator light.
We experts have no way to access radio security codes, this is for the most part a dealer only related info, but U may be able to get your radio code from this site,
Volvo 850-70 Service Light Reset RESETTING 5000 MILE SERVICE LAMP ON 1994 + 1995 850
NOTE: This function is for the service reminder lamp, be sure you have performed the proper service such as changing the oil before resetting. If the check engine lamp is illuminated when the car is running, you'll need to have the car looked at by the Volvo dealer for proper diagnosis.
1. Turn on the ignition to the KPII position so the warning lamps on the dash are illuminated. Do not start the car.
2. Open the bonnet of the car and locate Diagnostic test port (A) behind the driver side headlamp.
3. Remove the cover and pull the jumper wire out of the holder in the cover.
4. Insert the jumper into terminal #7, then press button 4 times, wait approximately 5 seconds and the red lamp should glow continuously. You are now in the data reset mode.
5. Press the button 1 time and wait approximately 5 seconds for the lamp to glow again then press the button 5 times. After about 5 seconds the lamp will illuminate again, press the button 1 time and you will see the lamp flash repeatedly for a couple of seconds indicating that the service lamp has been properly reset.
6. If a mistake is made, simply switch the ignition off and back on to reset and start over.
Posted on Jun 26, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 23, 2009 | 1995 Volvo 850
Oct 29, 2009 | 1995 Volvo 850
Oct 12, 2009 | 1995 Volvo 850
Jun 03, 2009 | 1995 Volvo 850
Jun 01, 2009 | 1995 Volvo 850
Mar 09, 2009 | 1995 Volvo 850
150 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: