Bought an 02 focus ghia estate tdci and the am reception has never worked, but yesterday lost all fm stations too! cd works fine, aerial still attached to roof. Sounds as though aerial lead has come unattached. but can't be bothered to pull out the stereo to check, if this is a known fault. Anyone any ideas?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Connect the FM antenna and the AM loopantenna at the back of the unit. Rotate the AM loop for better reception.
2. Press AM/FM.
3. Tune a station by pressing TUNER+/-repeatedly until the desired station is found.Alternatively, you can press and hold thesame buttons down for about one second toactivate the automatic search function. Inthis mode the unit will automatically tunefrequencies until it finds a station.
4. Repeat step 3 to tune to another radio station.
5. Press AM/FMto select between FM and AM.Storing Radio Stations
The unit can store up to 40 radio stations (30 preset stations for FM and 10 preset stations for AM) in its memory. You can enter every single radio station yourself or the unit can store all available radio stations automatically in ascending order
Automatic Preset Programming
1. Press AM/FM to enter the AM/FM mode.
2. Press and hold AM/FM for two seconds to start automatic preset programming.
3. Radio frequencies will be browsed and radiostations stored automatically. When all the available radio stations are stored or all 40(30 preset stations for FM and 10 preset stations for AM) memory locations are full,the auto preset programming function will stop.
1. Tune to a radio station (see "Manual tuning"for details).
2. Press MEMORY. While the Program Preset number is still flashing, input your desired preset number using the numeric buttons or press CH+/-, then press MEMORY to store it.
Retrieving Preset Stations
1. Press AM/FM to enter the Tuner mode.
2. Press CH +/- to search up or down for thepreset stations or directly press the numeric buttons.
Although it's about $50, this is the best FM transmitter I've found so far. I use it primarily with my MP3Player, but the concept is the same for your satellite radio. It should have a 1/8" audio plug.
Simply plug this little adapter in your cigarette lighter, plug the 1/8" cable between your Satellite radio and the adapter, and tune your radio to the station on the adapter (you can choose another station if there is already something playing on its default station).
This works for me. I tried other brands and they all eaither had poor reception or died within a month or so. This one has been working for me for well over a year now GOgroove FlexSMART X2 Wireless In Car Bluetooth FM Transmitter with...
it might be that your gadget posses a wrong panel written AM when there is no am tuner. If you can check inside it whether it has a choke wound with copper wire for AM reception. If its missing, its aint gonna have any reception