Question about 2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible
First locate the rubber plugs and remove to reveal bolts holding window to regulator. youll need to move the window up or down till you see them. remove glass. remove latch bolts surrounding latch. they may take 12point torx which you HAVE to use. after removing all bolts around module pull bottom out and towards the inside of car. it takes a little jiggling to work the regulator track away from door shell. once it is out and free you can pull it down untill you gain access to wires and rods that must be disconnected to pull all the way out.
Posted on Jun 26, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 09, 2018 | Pontiac Cars & Trucks
Aug 14, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 16, 2014 | 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII
Feb 22, 2013 | 2000 Saturn SL
1. Remove the watershield. (Refer to 23 - BODY/DOOR - FRONT/WATERSHIELD - REMOVAL)
2. Remove door glass retaining clips and secure the window in the up position using masking tape or equivalent(FRONT DOOR GLASS CLIPS).
3. Disconnect wire connector from power window motor, if equipped.
4. Loosen screws attaching front and rear window guide rails to inner door panel (FRONT DOOR MANUAL WINDOW REGULATOR - TYPICAL).
5. Remove screw heads on guide rails from key hole slots in inner door panel.
6. Loosen screws attaching regulator to inner door panel.
7. Remove regulator from inner door panel.
8. Extract rear guide rail through inner door panel rear access hole (FRONT DOOR POWER WINDOW - TYPICAL).
9. Extract front guide rail through front access hole.
1. Insert front guide rail through front access hole.
2. Insert rear guide rail through rear access hole.
3. Place window regulator in position on inner door panel.
4. Place screw heads on guide rails in position through key hole slots in inner door panel.
5. Tighten screws to attach front and rear guide rails to inner door panel.
6. Connect wire connector into power window motor, if equipped.
7. Install door glass.
8. Verify door glass alignment and operation.
9. Install sound shield and door trim panel
DIAGRAMS CAN BE FOUND ON JUSTANSWER,COM
Sep 02, 2012 | 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jul 16, 2010 | 2002 Buick Rendezvous
Jun 04, 2010 | 1995 Chevrolet Camaro
Aug 27, 2009 | 2000 Lincoln Town Car
Aug 19, 2009 | 2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class
Apr 05, 2009 | 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan
136 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: