Question about 1990 Lexus LS 400
Trying to replace fuel filter. the tank doesnt want to come out. which is the right location of the pump and filter access? Do I have to remove the gas tank and if so easiest way to drain as it is 1/2 full
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 10, 2011 | Toyota Sequoia Cars & Trucks
2002 Dodge Caravan
Fuel Filter Replacement Procedure
1. The fuel filter is located on top of the fuel tank near the fuel pump module. Fuel lines are permanently attached to filter assembly and must be replaced with the fuel filter.
2. Release pressure from fuel system by removing the fuel pump relay and start the engine and let it die. Crank the engine a couple times after it dies to relieve more of the fuel pressure
3. Disconnect negative battery cable
4. Raise and support vehicle
5. Support fuel tank with transmission jack or floor jack with large plywood board to evenly distribute the weight of the fuel tank. NOTE: It is important to distribute weight evenly to prevent damage to the fuel pump module.
6. Disconnect ground strap from fuel tank
7. Remove inboard fuel tank straps and front "T" strap fastener
8. Lower the fuel tank approximately 6 inches to access the fuel filter assembly.
9. Disconnect the fuel lines at the fuel supply connector and the fuel pump module
10. Remove the retaining bolt and remove filter assembly from vehicle.
11. Reverse removal procedure to install (Don't forget to put the fuel pump relay back )
Apr 02, 2011 | 2002 Dodge Caravan
Feb 11, 2011 | 1985 Dodge Ram 50
Dec 08, 2010 | 1999 Dodge Avenger
Jun 25, 2010 | 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe
May 09, 2010 | 2000 Land Rover Discovery
Dec 15, 2009 | 1998 Ford Ranger SuperCab
Jun 14, 2009 | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Feb 17, 2009 | 2000 Land Rover Discovery
187 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: