Question about 1998 Nissan Altima
My altima (2.4) has been overheating recently, some say head gasket but there is no oil/antifreeze mixture so i question that fact, also my resoivor bubbles when this happens, could this just be the issue of a thermostat?
It may be the thermostat, but you should also check:-
1) Coolant level is at correct level (full) when checked cold- prior to running,
2) Cooling fan/s are running normally as they should when coolant temp rises,
3) A coolant hose on the suction side of the water pump is not collapsing (due softening) causing restricted coolant flow,
4) Radiator coolant core is not blocked, or radiator heat dispersion air fins blocked with insects/grass,
5) Engine does not have other running problems that cause it to overheat.
Posted on Jun 25, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 12, 2012 | 2005 Kia Sedona
Dec 03, 2010 | 1999 Pontiac Grand Am GT
May 11, 2010 | 2005 Nissan Altima
Apr 04, 2010 | 1999 Nissan Altima
Feb 16, 2010 | 1998 Cadillac DeVille
Feb 02, 2010 | 1999 Nissan Altima
Jan 08, 2010 | Suzuki Swift Cars & Trucks
Nov 11, 2009 | 1998 Pontiac Sunfire
Jul 28, 2008 | 1998 Honda Civic
Jul 04, 2008 | 1998 Nissan Altima
796 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!