Question about 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe
How to program key fob. I have the fobs.
Transmitter Programming Procedure
Close all the vehicle doors.
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
Press and hold the door unlock switch.
While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on the transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of the transmitter.
Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter mode.
Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.
Posted on Jun 25, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Code to program my key fob
Here are the program instructions
1. Close the vehicle doors.
2. Turn OFF the ignition.
3. Remove the key from the ignition.
4. Press and hold the driver side door lock switch in the UNLOCK position.
5. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.)
6. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.)
7. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.) Leave the ignition key in the ignition lock cylinder.
8. Release the door lock switch. The vehicle will sound three beeps in order to verify the Program Mode has been activated.
9. Press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the keyless entry transmitter and hold until the vehicle beeps twice to verify that the transmitter has been successfully programmed (this take approximately 15 seconds).
10. Perform the previous step to program up to four transmitters (including your old ones).
11. Remove the ignition key in order to exit the Program Mode
Posted on Dec 04, 2008
SOURCE: reprogram key fob
Here is a quick HowTo on programming your own keyless entry:
1) Turn ignition to OFF.
2) Locate the Data Link Connector, its a black 16 pin connecter that is under the driver's side dash, right where your right knee would be. You have to look up into the dash from below to see it.
3) Ground pin 1 of the Data Link Connector by taking a wire or paper clip and running it from pin 1 to pin 4. Pin 4 is ground so you can just short pin 1 to 4 and it will be grounded. Grounding pin 1 tells the system you are ready to reprogram it.
4) Close all of your doors.
5) Turn the key to ACC then back off. The power door locks will lock/unlock. This is the signal that the system is ready for reprogramming.
6) Push a button on your key fob, doesn't matter which button.
7) If you have 2 key fobs, then press a button on the 2nd fob within 1 minute of pressing a button on the 1st fob. Both must be programmed at the same time. If you only have 1 fob then press a button 2 more times to signal that you only have one.
8) The doors will lock/unlock to signal the codes were received.
9) Remove the jumper wire from the data connector. 10) your done
Posted on May 15, 2009
Have all keys with you inside the car and repeat again with the second key within 30 seconds...... "Press and hold the 'unlock' button while at the same time pressing the center 'lock' button three times. On the third time, release the 'lock' button at the same time you release the 'unlock' button." If you have a key with three buttons, ensure doors are unlocked. Put key in ignition and turn key over to 2d position where dash lights, etc come on. Pull key out. Press and hold the "unlock" button while at the same time pressing the center "lock" button three times. On the third time, release the "lock" button at the same time you release the "unlock" button
Posted on May 20, 2009
SOURCE: program second key fob
Your key can only be programed at the dealer. They have to use a scan tool and a unique id code that they get from the factory. It is done this way to help insure that the vehicle is less likely to be stolden.
Posted on May 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 25, 2015 | 2003 Cadillac CTS
Feb 15, 2015 | 2005 Chevrolet Malibu
How to Program a Key FOB for the Chevy ... your Chevy, if you obtain new or replacement keys they will need programming to work with ... How Do I Program MyKey Fob? ...
Mar 14, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 05, 2011 | 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP Sedan
Nov 05, 2011 | 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP Sedan
Oct 26, 2011 | 2006 Cadillac DTS
Nov 03, 2010 | 2006 Cadillac STS
Sep 20, 2010 | Audi TT Cars & Trucks
Jul 01, 2009 | 2003 Cadillac Deville
Apr 09, 2009 | 1999 Chrysler 300M
3,055 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!