1995 Chevy Lumina Has White Smoke (NOT WATER) Coming out Vents
First let me say thanks for looking at this post. A little about me I have spent the last 35 years working on cars and know a great deal about them, however I have never seen this problem before! The problem is at random times but always when the car is hot and when I accelerate from a stop. I'm 100% sure it’s not a core leak. Its SMOKE! Everything electrical works fine. There is no smoke under the hood or out of the tail pipe. The smell is not; sweet like antifreeze odor, insulation burning, burning oil, burning transmission fluid, case odor. All I can say is it wreaks like something burning. WHAT??? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
1995 Chevy Lumina 3.1 Automatic
Has White Smoke (NOT WATER) Coming out Vents.
Its a VERY nasty smelling odor
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If cleaning the contacts and grounds doesn't resolve your problem, the next best thing is to have your EBCM re-built. Here's a cut and paste of vendors that have been used successfully in the past;
1. well just wanted to let everyone with this problem know found a place to get this thing repaired and after talkin with Brandon got him to repair and upgrade it for 150.00 plus 8.00 for return next day air . this is a great price if ya look at cost to replace and customer service was also great. he will gurantee the ecbm for as long as you own the car.So if ya have this problem give him a call , site is absfixer.com or call 877-648-7530
2. The name of the company is Auto&Truck Electronics. I am in no way affiliated with them, nor do I recieve any discount or monetary consideration for making this post. I'm making this post in an effort to save you guys some $$$ and hopefully help to prevent future failures given the problematic part could fail again if replaced with another flawed design part(assuming they haven't corrected whatever tends to break). I was a bit leary of this whole deal since I didn't have any references to say it was a good deal, or they did good work etc... So if anything use me as sort of a guinnea pig in this matter. I had a GREAT experience both with the service of the rep and of the part they fixed for me. In my opinion it's $$ well spent to both save alot of $$$, but also, from what I'm lead to believe, have a much smaller chance of having the part break again. They have a 5yr warranty on their work as well. Their # is 1-800-550-0674
3. I had to have my EBCM re-built 4 months ago. Put it back in the car and no more codes. The company I used is on ebay, but I contacted them directly at http://autoecu.com/ Their phone # is at the bottom of the web page.