Question about 1997 Pontiac Grand Am
The heater core is a bit tricky and time-consuming, but you can do it if you take your time.
Remove the following:
1. Negative battery cable from the battery (just to be safe)
2. Drain the cooling system. There is a valve at the bottom of the radiator for this purpose.
3. Raise the front of the vehicle.
4. Disconnect the A/C drain tube (it is just a small tube that allows condensation from the evaporator to drain outside of the car)
5. Remove the heater hoses from the heater core. These are only accessible from underneath the car and run through the firewall.
6. Center console
7. The kick panels/under-dashboard sound insulators
8. the filler around the steering column. This just pulls off if I remember correctly
9. floor air outlet duct (also just pulls off if I remember correctly)
10. heater core cover - this is held on with several screws - maybe even a dozen or so. It is much easier to get access if you pull the carpet out of the way first.
11. remove the heater core mounting clips and the heater core.
Installation is the opposite of removal.
Be prepared to have a sore back/ribs after doing this. You'll definitely want a flashlight and maybe a mirror to help you see under the dash board.
Posted on Jul 03, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 15, 2014 | 1997 Pontiac Grand Am
Nov 05, 2014 | 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix
Jan 27, 2013 | 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix
Jul 01, 2010 | 2001 Pontiac Bonneville
Nov 30, 2009 | 1997 Pontiac Grand Am
Nov 15, 2009 | 1997 Pontiac Grand Am
Jun 21, 2009 | 1997 Pontiac Grand Am
Jan 21, 2009 | 2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE
209 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: