Question about Cars & Trucks
-There are couple things cause to do that:
-Air flow sensor, throttle position sensor.
Posted on May 16, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: stalls when put into gear
Its possible it could be other things causing the problem, but seeing as you've checked most of the likely causes, it is most likely your Torque-Converter. The lockup clutch in your Stator-Fan located inside the Torque-Converter could be siezed, causing the car to stall.
Posted on May 16, 2008
Wow!!! Now that's a headfull of problems....
This could be a great many things...
Check these before you sell. I have a '93 Aerostar and can't live without it.
1. Check idle speed
2. Fuel filter may be clogged or water in the fuel system.
3. Choke improperly adjusted or sticking.
4. Distributor components damp or damaged.
5. Faulty emissions components.
6. Faulty or incorrectly gapped spark plugs/ Also check wires.
7. Vacuum leak at the carburetor/fuel injection unit or vacuum hoses.
8. On 1986 models, stalling during idle or deceleration may be caused by sludge in the throttlebody. (2.3 litre engine)
9. On 1986 & 1987 models with a 2.3 litre engine,hesitation or stalling during acceleration may be caused by carbon build-up on the intake valves.....I hope this helps!! Adios
Posted on Oct 15, 2008
I personally would check the fuel pressure. Then I would go back to the coil. I have seen brand new bad coils out of the box. The symptoms of a loss of power point to this component, especially if the car idles well, but loses power when accelerating. Please do not rate this reply - we all are left to grasp at straws since you have changed pretty much everything. Good Luck. Please post the final fix of the problem.
Posted on Oct 28, 2008
My was doing the same thing, it was an EGR valve and a misfire on the #2 cylinder which required a new spark plug and a coil pack
Posted on Mar 13, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 31, 2014 | 1990 Isuzu Trooper
Jan 24, 2014 | Jeep Wrangler Cars & Trucks
Jan 11, 2013 | 1990 Acura Legend
Jan 01, 2013 | 1997 Volkswagen Jetta
Feb 01, 2009 | 2001 Ford Expedition
Jan 22, 2009 | 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
May 23, 2008 | 1993 Ford Aerostar Extended
38 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!