Question about Subaru Forester
Posted by Anonymous on
At a guess, I'd say that the pressure wash has allowed some water to get into connectors. Get can of WD40 and pull the spark wires from the coils and squirt in the coil holes. Clean the spark wires with WD40. Any other connectors you can get at, pull and squirt. If the spark wires are old (5 years+), you may need a new set.
Posted on Feb 24, 2015
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: rough start and misfire
first of all you say you took out the plug you may have to replace the boot on the #2 spark plug and where you said it is fill with gas look at all of you injectors on that side and the fuel rail to make sure nothing is leaking at all use a flashlight when trying to find the leak cause its safer that way.
Posted on Feb 11, 2009
The boot/pancake seal that covers the spark plug cavity gets old and lifts off of the surface of the head. This allows dust and water to invade the cavity that the spark plug is recessed into. Moisture in the engine compartment will often find its way into the spark plug cavity and short the spark to ground (misfire). Sometimes moisture will cause the COP (coil on plug) to also malfunction. If you have even one plug misfiring, it is wise to clean all the cavities and replace the spark plug boots. You will need an assortment of 1/4" wobble extensions, universal, and 7mm socket to remover the COPs. It can be done without removing the FI rails. #7 spark plug will prove to be the most difficult. You will also need to disconnect adjacent injector and COP electrical connectors (easily done). Do not despair. Visually inspect each cavity using mirrors and contortionist moves. If you see moisture and/or dirt in the cavity, you should clean it out. Get a spray bottle with rubbing alcohol and fill the cavity about half way. Let it soak a few minutes and blow it out with compressed air. Always use eye protection when using compressed air. Inspect for cleanliness and repeat as necessary. A word of advice, do not hesitate to use the aftermarket COPs. They work well and are cost far less than the Motorcraft brand.
Posted on Sep 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 01, 2018 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 11, 2014 | 1994 Chevrolet K1500
Dec 28, 2013 | Audi Cars & Trucks
Jun 06, 2013 | 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jun 12, 2017 | 1999 GMC Sierra
Jan 23, 2013 | 2000 Chevrolet Blazer
Apr 06, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 23, 2009 | 2001 Ford Escape
May 16, 2009 | Ford Escort Cars & Trucks
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: