Question about Subaru Legacy
Ok if it went back hold the cover back and let someone press the button to go forword
Posted on Jun 17, 2014
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Sunroof won't close
clean the runners on the sunroof watching out for trapped debris. try lubricating the runners with a fine lubricant with a clothe, make sure no debris caught in motor also.
Posted on Sep 26, 2008
hi sounds like a faulty sunroof relay keeping the motor running it may well have blown the fuse or burned the motor out if you connected it back up and it doesn,t work at all but should be able to turn the sunroof back manually look on the sunroof motor there should be sometthing like a slot for a large screwdriver or a bolt head of sorts just wind it back and then check the relays and fuses if your switch is a electronic one make a make shift one and try [simple switch]on and off as this is delicate circiutery and the slightest short can destroy it best of luck yates210456
Posted on Oct 02, 2008
SOURCE: Sunroof stuck open
The thump means the motor is good The linkage between the motor and the sunroof got either disconnected or broke off because it is a plastic link. you will need to remove the sunroof liner and find where the linkage is broken and replace. if you do it yourself maybe it will cost just a few bucks if you take it in they will charge you a minimum of $250.00
Posted on Oct 09, 2008
Same problem mine will only work when it is warm out because of the gasket. When there is the slightest difference in colder temperatures I need to press on the top of the sun roof while hitting the button to have it slide. Using the gasket cleaner may be a good idea. I haven't tried that yet though so don't take my word
Posted on Jan 13, 2009
It sounds like it just needs to be reinitialized. Turn your key to the on position with motor off and hold the up/full vent button down for at least 30 seconds or until your sunroof either clicks or goes to the full vent position. That should fix your problem.
Posted on Jun 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
To check the condition of your original sunroof guides:
- Gl*** in closed position.
- Locate & remove 3 torx bolts on each side of sunroof glass. Lift glass out of sunroof opening & set aside in a safe place.
- Locate "J" shaped cover plate at front of sunroof track assembly. Remove 2 torx bolts from each cover plate.
- Lift up bracket to remove.
- Inspect the plastic guides on each side. The sunroof cables attach to guides on front outer corner. Inspect this area closely for damage.
- Do not operate the sunroof with the J plates removed.Troubleshooting:If the sunroof guides are not broken & the glass is a uniform height along the rear edge your problem may be a stripped gear inside the motor. The motor has a manual override:
- Get access to the motor by removing the map light/switch console or lowering the front of the headliner.
- Insert a large standard screwdriver into the nylon bushing at the center of the motor hub. Push up & turn the screwdriver to manually move the sunroof glass. If the unit will fully open & close manually, you most likely only need a replacement motor.
If your sunroof is stuck in the open position follow these steps to get it closed:
- Remove the glass.
- Try to close the unit without the glass. Many times one side will still be operational and close correctly.
- Try to slide the inoperable lift arm forward. If it moves, slide it forward until it stops.
- You now need to slide the original plastic guide forward to lower the arm to the closed position. Using a standard screwdriver, push it forward. The lift arm should begin to lower.
- If the lift arm will still not fully lower, remove the J plate as explained above, sometimes the sunroof cable will need to be lifted up to allow the guide to fully slide forward.
- Reinstall glass.
May 21, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 31, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
May 04, 2011 | 2005 Ford Explorer
Jan 13, 2011 | 2001 Subaru Legacy
Jun 04, 2010 | 1988 Jeep Cherokee
May 23, 2010 | 2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE
Nov 04, 2009 | 2002 Nissan Xterra
Oct 19, 2009 | 2001 Volvo S80
Apr 16, 2009 | 1996 Audi A4
Jul 14, 2018 | Subaru Cars & Trucks
104 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: