Question about 2001 Hyundai Elantra
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
i have a 2005 hyundai both back doors would not open from the outside . after taking the panel off i found out that the handle is completely plastic and that it had broke in half because off stress . i removed the handle ( which was a pain ) and used quick drying epoxy on the crack . then i put a thin piece if aluminum on each side of the crack and used the same epoxy to hold it on . the next day i put the handles back on ( after letting the epoxy dry ) and it has worked perfect ever since. my next recourse , if it breaks again , is go to ebay . there is a seller if you type in hyundai door handles that sells 2 after market ones for $39.99. they fit 2001 to 2005 . i hope that this helps .
Posted on Mar 09, 2009
Please follow these steps :
1. Remove the 4 screws and the screw in the opening mechanism.
2. Remove the cap on the lock button.
3. Remove the mirror lever cap by pulling it straigt out. It is attached with one clip.
4. Remove the door crank by detaching the C-clip between the spacer and the door panel. It's tricky and somekind of hook could be useful.
5. Pull out the plastic clips. Be careful. I think a spatula could be a useful tool.
6. Move the panel forward and up to remove the opening mechanism from the door. Then pull the mechaninsm out from the panel, turn it and push it back through the panel.
7. At this point the panel should be removed and you can see the door speaker and the adaptor. As you can see the opening mechanism remains on the door.
To put the doorcrank back just put the pieces together in the picture and push it in position.
Good luck and Do rate the solution as FixYa if found useful.
Posted on Mar 15, 2009
Sounds to me like the child locks are on. Make sure the doors are unlocked first( if they are power locks unlock them manually to make sure they are unlocked), then try to open from the outside. It's just odd that both doors are doing the same thing. If that works, and you get both doors open, there is a small switch to disable the child lock near the latch on the door.
Door panels generally can not be removed with the door closed. There are plastic rivets that pop out when pulling the door panel away from the door frame.
Posted on May 14, 2009
Go to http://www.hmaservice.com/ and register (vehicle by VIN). Afterward, you'll have access to technical information (manuals, wiring diagrams, service bulletins, etc) about your vehicle.
Posted on Jul 18, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 07, 2016 | 2008 Hyundai Accent
May 25, 2011 | Hyundai Accent Cars & Trucks
Aug 20, 2010 | Hyundai Elantra Cars & Trucks
Oct 21, 2009 | 1997 Hyundai Elantra
Jul 16, 2009 | 2003 Hyundai Tiburon
Jul 06, 2009 | 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Apr 11, 2017 | 1996 Hyundai Sonata
Nov 12, 2008 | Hyundai Motor 2002 Elantra
108 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: