Question about Volkswagen Eurovan
I pulled up at home as normal, took the key out of the ignition, as normal. But then the car fob alarm just didn't work. I have two key fobs so I tried the other one which also didn't work. I can lock the car with the key but the key will not go into the ignition and therefore it will not start.
Hi, it sounds like the ignition barrel has got stuck a bit, try tapping the area around the barrel with your hand or rubber ended screwdriver, do not put any oil or spray lubricant in the barrel as this can damage it, your VW dealer will have some lubricant specially for ignition barrels so take it to them
Posted on May 15, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: key fob will not undo
If you don't have one that works for the vehicle now, you'll have to take it to your local dealer to have it programmed to the vehicle. Some will charge for this, some will do it at no charge.
If you do have a remote that is programmed and working for the vehicle, then the following steps will allow you to program another remote:
1. Enter vehicle and close all doors.
2. Put seatbelt on (or clip it into the buckle) to shut the warning buzzer off.
3. Put key in ignition, turn to run position but don't start it.
4. Press and hold the unlock button on the working key fob and hold for 4 seconds, then also press the panic button.
5. Release both buttons and you should hear a single chime to indicate it is in program mode. You have 30 seconds after the chime to program any additional remotes you want to program.
6. Press and release both the unlock and lock buttons simultaneously on the remote you are programming. You should hear another single chime.
7. Within 4 seconds after hearing the chime, press either lock or unlock button on remote that you are programming.
Posted on Oct 16, 2008
SOURCE: i have a grand voyager
dont go through all the hassles of removing the door trim just take the terminal off the battery for about a minute then reconect again worked on mine good luck
Posted on Dec 20, 2008
IF YOU TYPE 1999 RENAULT LAGUNA REPROGRAMME KEY INTO A GOOGLE SEARCH, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PRINTOFF INSTRUCTIONS TO REPROGRAMME THE KEY TO THE KEY READER.THE IGNITION NEEDS TO BE OFF TO DO THIS
Posted on Dec 02, 2009
I have a 2001 C240 with the same issue. I removed the positive battery cable from the battery and kept it off for 30 seconds then replaced it. Everything was reset and the key worked.
Posted on Feb 10, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 10, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 17, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 16, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
May 23, 2012 | SsangYong Rexton Cars & Trucks
Mar 21, 2010 | 2002 Saab 9-5
Feb 08, 2010 | 2005 Chrysler Crossfire
Jul 06, 2009 | 1995 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
May 26, 2009 | 1995 Nissan Maxima
80 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: