Question about 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier
My dad just changed the battery in my '99 cavalier Z24 and now the radio won't work. it says "LOC" on it and we have no idea how to reset it. also my brake lights keeps going out. we replaced the bulbs and checked the fuses and we don't know what else to do
You have to get an code,if this is an stock radio,call the dealership with your vin number,they will give you the code.
Posted on Jun 23, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 22, 2013 | 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier
1. Turn the ignition ON (The radio should display "LOC")
2. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this
number down. You now have fifteen seconds to complete the next step.
4. Press the AM/FM button
5. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.
6. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05
7. Call 1-800-537-5140
8. Press 1 then # (pound). You'll hear "Invalid Code, try again"
9. Press 139010 or 106010 or 206010 or 202107 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by *
10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then *
11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice
12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11
14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to "SEC". Your radio is now "un-locked" and usable.
Mar 27, 2011 | 2000 Chevrolet Corvette
Jun 10, 2010 | 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier
Feb 15, 2010 | 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier
Jan 09, 2010 | 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier
Nov 19, 2009 | 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier
Mar 19, 2009 | 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier
Feb 22, 2009 | 1988 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
168 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!