Question about Volkswagen Cars & Trucks
You just have to re adapt the key,
open car,put in the key,contact on,not running,
push the remote while contact in on pos,
turn off and try key,it should work now,
Posted on May 14, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: key fob will not undo
If you don't have one that works for the vehicle now, you'll have to take it to your local dealer to have it programmed to the vehicle. Some will charge for this, some will do it at no charge.
If you do have a remote that is programmed and working for the vehicle, then the following steps will allow you to program another remote:
1. Enter vehicle and close all doors.
2. Put seatbelt on (or clip it into the buckle) to shut the warning buzzer off.
3. Put key in ignition, turn to run position but don't start it.
4. Press and hold the unlock button on the working key fob and hold for 4 seconds, then also press the panic button.
5. Release both buttons and you should hear a single chime to indicate it is in program mode. You have 30 seconds after the chime to program any additional remotes you want to program.
6. Press and release both the unlock and lock buttons simultaneously on the remote you are programming. You should hear another single chime.
7. Within 4 seconds after hearing the chime, press either lock or unlock button on remote that you are programming.
Posted on Oct 16, 2008
SOURCE: i have a grand voyager
dont go through all the hassles of removing the door trim just take the terminal off the battery for about a minute then reconect again worked on mine good luck
Posted on Dec 20, 2008
my mum had a similar problem and it turn out the code the key transmits to the engine had gone wrong she took it to a vw dealer and they reprogrammed the key. it works fine now and is a common problem. hope that helps
Posted on Sep 18, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 15, 2016 | 2010 Dodge Journey RT
Nov 29, 2014 | 2005 Peugeot 307 HDi
Jul 14, 2012 | 2003 Saab 9-3
Sep 06, 2011 | 2002 Jaguar X-Type
Sep 29, 2009 | Renault Sportwagon Cars & Trucks
Aug 26, 2009 | 2003 Volkswagen Passat
Aug 25, 2009 | 2000 Renault 181
Jul 10, 2009 | 2005 Volkswagen Golf
Oct 16, 2017 | Volkswagen Cars & Trucks
55 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!