Question about 2005 Cadillac Escalade
Could be a host of issues, but would look at:
- bulbs - which you've indicated are good;
- fuses - ensure you identify the correct ones using the panel map;
- bulb socket - ensure it's free of corrosion and test that it is getting power;
- socket wire - you'll have tested power "in" the socket, now test for power "before" the socket - need to know if the socket itself is bad;
- the signal switch (http://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/gm/4.3L-5.0L-5.7L/how-to-test-the-turn-signal-switch-1)
- if none of these reveal the issue, I believe you're left with the body control module (BCM) - this will require replacement and reprogramming.
Posted on May 13, 2014
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You have a bad ground at the right rear tail light assembly
Many times the ground is right there at the light. Follow the wire from the bulb base and see where it goes. Try tightening the fixture first
Posted on Mar 17, 2009
Remove 3 or 4 of the plastic pins holding the inner fender. They are located around the lip of the fender opening. The pins are removed by pulling the center cap of the pin straight out about an 1/8" and then wiggle and pull the whole pin out.
Pull the inner fender down and back.
Reach your arm in and grab the socket and squeeze the locking tab.
Rotate the socket counter-clockwise less than a quarter turn, and pull straight back.
Reach your other hand in and remove the bulb by pulling it straight out of the socket. It takes a 3157 bulb
Posted on Jun 22, 2010
Testimonial: "Thank you so much for your help. Really I had ask the question about 3 months ago, but since I didn't had it fixed yet, it's OK now. Franco"
Tips for a great answer:
May 14, 2014 | 2011 Chevrolet Traverse
Feb 09, 2012 | 1996 Pontiac Firebird
Jul 29, 2011 | 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt
Sep 06, 2010 | 2000 Cadillac DeVille
May 24, 2010 | 1972 Oldsmobile 98
Oct 06, 2009 | 1998 Buick Park Avenue
Jul 29, 2009 | 1998 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup
Jan 15, 2009 | 2003 Audi A4 Cabriolet
Jul 31, 2008 | 2000 Toyota Camry
51 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!