Question about 2008 Toyota Prius
What is the proceedure for changing the sat nav disc on my 2007 Prius, I have a newer disc but cant get the old one out.
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Toyota Prius starting problem
There's a known problem with the early Toyota Prius (2001 - 2003), when running the engine for a long period of time without moving or when the car is driven only for short trips (short city driving), the Prius might not start.
You have to change the original battery with a 356 CCA which is bigger because the battery is bigger you also have to change what is holding it into place.
Posted on Jul 23, 2008
Here is the answer that you are looking for: Never.
The auto trans fluid in a Prius is what we call "World Spec", and never needs to be changed. Why? Because the Prius trans fluid is not used for hydraulic pressure or cooling the ATF fluid due to the lack of the aforementioned hydraulic pressure. All that the ATF does is perform a "lubrication" function. As long as there is no contamination of the fluid (such as being in a flood), do not bother with it.
Prius Master Tech
Posted on Sep 15, 2008
unplug the fuse for the navigation/radio for about 10 minutes then plug it back in. that should reset it. before you do that make sure you know the code to activate the radio and how to enter it (if it requires a code).
if you can't locate the fuse just unhook the battery for that length of time.
please take a moment to rate this solution thanks
Posted on Oct 30, 2009
SOURCE: PROGRAM PRIUS GARAGE DOOR
There was a minor change for mine to work.. see below..
- you must park your Prius close to the gate opener, leaving it running (obviously not in the way of the gate closing)
- Hold the button the the mirror and then push your garage door remote button and hold until the light on the mirror starts to flasyh fast. THIS programs the button on the mirror, but not the garage opener - yet (this was key for me)
- locate the "learning button" on the opener itself
- press the "learning button" on your gate opener and then get back into the Prius within 30 seconds (more time than it sounds) and press the SAME Homelink button you just programmed above. I don't recall how long I held the pre-programmed button, but the light will flash as I recall.
- Then, when working the garage door, you may need to hold the mirror button for a good second for it to work - but I had tried for months to get mine to work, and finally after reading many posts, the above sequence worked on my 2008 Prius with my Lift Master, Security + rolling codes garage opener.
Just - program the button on the mirror with your remote FIRST.. the garage opener will not work.. then use the Learn button on the garage opener and the SAME BUTTON you just programmed.. and it worked great for me. Not programming the mirror button first will not work. Using only the Learn button will not work. You must program the mirror first with the remote, then use the learn button and the SAME button on the mirror. Hope this helps.
Scott 2008 Prius with Lift Master Security + opener.
Posted on Oct 02, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 01, 2015 | 2010 Toyota Prius
Aug 03, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 03, 2014 | 2007 Toyota Prius Hybrid
Mar 01, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 02, 2012 | 2006 Toyota Prius
Jan 24, 2010 | 2007 Toyota Prius
Mar 21, 2009 | 2001 Toyota Prius
Oct 10, 2008 | 2007 Toyota Prius
22 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!