Question about 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood
Possibly the spark plug is not firing.. Change the plug. Check to see if it is firing? If its not then find out why? Coil, Plug wire, Plug wire connector, Possibly something as sinister as the computer, but, i doubt that it is the computer.
Posted on May 10, 2014
Testimonial: "I did replace the spark plug. It still wont turn over.I check the oil stick and it smells of fuel. I remove the plug and fuel leaks out of # 6 only"
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Hesitation problem
try cleaning the inside of the MAF sensor and do the following procedure as well.
Here is the most common cause of surges and stalls at stops and low erratic idle speed and rough idle, it is in most cases the idle speed control air-bypass valve and or throttle valve and upper intake, these area's get full of gunk and combustion residue over the miles and cause idle issues (stalls, low idle) like yours, Get a can of intake cleaner from any local parts store, not carb spray, intake cleaner, it is made by a company called CRC, remove the air intake hose to the engine, hold the idle high so the engine won't stall, then spray the can of cleaner into the intake while keeping the engine running, use at least 1/2 the can, shut down the engine and disconnect the battery for 5 minutes, then restart and complete a number of mixed driving cycles, town, freeway, stop and go etc., after a few days the problem will go away as the system will relearn to the clean intake.
Posted on Mar 24, 2009
Is the fuel pump relay switching off the fuel pump? When you turn the key to the on position, do you hear a click and the pump shut off? If not, the relay is bad and needs replaced. If pump keeps running it will flood engine.
Posted on Apr 20, 2009
You just need to go through a simple Idle Relearn Process.
The Idle Speed Control motor will cause the accelerator pedal to tap and the car will surge back and forth, actually acting like there is a lack of power during intial startup.
Whenever a battery is changed, went dead or the ECM computer is replaced.
In order to make the engine run normal again, you need to take the car through a relearn process. Otherwise the idle could be very slow or have a 30mph idle.
To enable it to relearn, here's what to do.
1) Disconnect the battery cable for 15 minutes, before hooking it back up.
2) (KOEO) Turn the Key On with Engine Off, just so the electronics are on, but without starting the engine and turn the climate control panel to off.
3) Push the off and warmer buttons on the climate control panel at the same time and hold for up to 5 seconds for the computer to go into diagnostics.
On the fuel panel screen it will display 888 then E52 and then 70.
When it gets to 7.0 shut off the key for 1 minute.
4) Repeat step 3, two more times.
5) Start the engine without pushing on the accelerator pedal and let it run for 18 minutes with the climate control panel off.
6) After 18 minutes put your foot on the brake and shift into drive and wait 1 minute.
7) Then turn on the a/c by pushing the auto button. It needs to be warmer than 60 degrees F so the compressor can engage. Wait 1 more minute.
8) Put the shifter back in park and turn the key off.
9) Wait 1 minute
10) Idle relearn is now complete and the engine should start and run correctly.
Posted on Sep 16, 2009
first, the 1993 cadillac deville should have a throttle body not a carburetor. And, I think it has ported fuel injection to each cylinder with a fuel injector for each cylinder if it's like my 1990 Cadillac Deville.
Posted on Jun 30, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 31, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 25, 2013 | 1997 Chevrolet Blazer
Sep 12, 2011 | 1999 Buick LeSabre
Aug 17, 2011 | 1993 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
Apr 17, 2011 | 2001 Ford Focus
Mar 26, 2011 | 1995 Nissan Sentra
May 22, 2010 | 2000 Dodge Caravan
Feb 09, 2010 | 1998 Dodge Ram
Jul 02, 2009 | 1997 Ford F250 SuperCab
Nov 14, 2008 | 2004 Chevrolet Malibu
73 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: