Question about 2001 Nissan Pathfinder
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 2003 maxima sunroof won't close
Sounds like the sunroof motor is out of time. Needs to be re-timed. There is a retime procedure, (that I would try first) but I don't remember the whole procedure. if you still have the problem, let me know and i will get the whole thing , from the service manual.
Posted on Jul 27, 2008
My '91 does the same thing. There is a thin metal wind deflector (about one inch wide with holes in it across the front edge of the sunroof opening. It should flip down to allow the glass to close all the way but sometimes it doesn't flip down all the way. Use something flat and thin like a credit card to hold it down while you close the roof. Works for me.
Posted on May 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
To check the condition of your original sunroof guides:
- Gl*** in closed position.
- Locate & remove 3 torx bolts on each side of sunroof glass. Lift glass out of sunroof opening & set aside in a safe place.
- Locate "J" shaped cover plate at front of sunroof track assembly. Remove 2 torx bolts from each cover plate.
- Lift up bracket to remove.
- Inspect the plastic guides on each side. The sunroof cables attach to guides on front outer corner. Inspect this area closely for damage.
- Do not operate the sunroof with the J plates removed.Troubleshooting:If the sunroof guides are not broken & the glass is a uniform height along the rear edge your problem may be a stripped gear inside the motor. The motor has a manual override:
- Get access to the motor by removing the map light/switch console or lowering the front of the headliner.
- Insert a large standard screwdriver into the nylon bushing at the center of the motor hub. Push up & turn the screwdriver to manually move the sunroof glass. If the unit will fully open & close manually, you most likely only need a replacement motor.
If your sunroof is stuck in the open position follow these steps to get it closed:
- Remove the glass.
- Try to close the unit without the glass. Many times one side will still be operational and close correctly.
- Try to slide the inoperable lift arm forward. If it moves, slide it forward until it stops.
- You now need to slide the original plastic guide forward to lower the arm to the closed position. Using a standard screwdriver, push it forward. The lift arm should begin to lower.
- If the lift arm will still not fully lower, remove the J plate as explained above, sometimes the sunroof cable will need to be lifted up to allow the guide to fully slide forward.
- Reinstall glass.
May 21, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
on Jul 11, 2011 | 2002 Jaguar X-Type
Jan 02, 2015 | 1997 BMW 7 Series
Mar 21, 2014 | 2008 Toyota Corolla
Mar 09, 2013 | 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse
Jun 18, 2010 | 2002 Honda Accord
Jun 13, 2009 | 1998 Buick Regal
May 06, 2009 | 1990 Nissan Maxima
Jan 27, 2009 | 2005 BMW X5
Jul 15, 2008 | 1999 Infiniti.5 QX4
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!