Question about 2004 Mercury Mountaineer
Went to parts store it read P0308 and P03316
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 10, 2015 | 2003 Ford Taurus
Apr 28, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 14, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
P0316 - Engine Misfire Detected on startup (first 1000 revolutions)
- Faulty Crankshaft Position (CKP)
- Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor harness is open or shorted
- Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Ignition System
- Fuel Injectors
- Running out of fuel
- Fuel Quality
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
Read more: http://engine-codes.com/p0316.html#ixzz31EDr0zUN
Are there any additonal codes being thrown for a misfire? Coils and plugs would be a likely culprit knowing this car
Apr 28, 2014 | 2004 Lincoln LS
Apr 04, 2013 | 2004 Lincoln LS V8
2004 Marauder and 2003-2004 Mustang vehicles built before 12/19/2004 equipped with 4.6L 4V/5.4 4V engine may exhibit a runs rough, lacks power, and engine misfire, prompted by a MIL light and DTC codes P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, P0305, P0306, P0307, P0308, and P0316.
Diagnose engine for engine misfire concern. If diagnostics determine an engine misfire which is characterized by leakage through exhaust valve(s), only replace the affected cylinder head(s).
SERVICE PROCEDURE FOR VEHICLES WITH RUNS ROUGH/MISFIRE CONDITION:
1. Perform relative compression check on all cylinders. If abnormal, check cylinder leakage and actual compression for "low" cylinders refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 303-00.
2. If leakage/compression check indicates a valve train concern, per valve train diagnostics in WSM, Section 303-00, replace cylinder head and cam assembly, pipe plugs and timing chain tensioner, per procedure outlined in WSM, Section 303-01.
3. If cylinder leakage and compression tests are inconclusive, perform misfire diagnostic, per TSB 05-22-8.
Feb 26, 2011 | 2004 Ford Freestar
Feb 09, 2011 | 2003 Lincoln LS
Jun 29, 2010 | 2004 Ford Freestar
May 06, 2009 | 2003 Ford Expedition
241 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: