Question about 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan
I can't open the drivers sliding door from the inside.I think child lock is on.How do I remove it.
Open the door and look on the inside edge of the door the will be a either a small lever move it up or down to turn it off or on my car its a round slot i put the key in it and turn it anti clockwise to turn it off
Posted on May 08, 2014
When you open the door from the outside, look by the locking mechanism, there will be a slot that the key will fit in also there should be a diagram to show you which way to turn it to unlock it from child protection hope this helps
Posted on May 08, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Sliding door lock
If you check the doorlock actuator it is more than likely bad. On my caravan I had to replace actuators on both sliders. Cannot get correct actuators at autoparts stores. Either go to a salvage yard or to the dealer to get them.
Posted on Jul 20, 2008
1, Disconnect the able from negative terminal of the battery.
2. Pry the courtesy light from the door trim and disconnect the wire connector..
3. Remove all door trim panel retaining screws and door pull armrest assemblies.
4. Remove the door switch panel and the control switch panel and the control switch assembly.
5. On models with memory seats/mirrors, use small-flat bladed pry tool to remove and disconnect the wire.
6. Grasp the trim panel lift up and pull out to detach it from the door. Disconnect the inner door handle lock rod from the handle. Unplug any electrical connectors remaining and remove the door panel.
7. To install, connect the wire harness connectors and place the panel in position in the door. Press the trim panel down into place until the hooks are seated.
8. Install the armrest/door pulls, the courtesy light and the window switch'
9. Reconnect the battery
Also. You will need star pattern drivers to remove the window and motor from your door. If you have all the equipment it should only take you 1 hour.
Posted on Jan 15, 2009
Sounds like the link rod to the latch are jammed in the locked position by something inside the door or it came off. Any way, you have to remove the door panel to get access to it.
Posted on Jun 03, 2009
the door track cable on the right side will have a broken wire in it,the drivers side will be the door control module inside the door
Posted on Sep 04, 2009
On the inside trim, you can remove screws (these screws may be covered by filler pieces or may be visible, or they may require you pry a plastic piece off that covers the screws) that are by the door handle, arm rest, under door and side of door and then gently pull back on the panel as there will also be retaining clips attached and you don't want to break them. You'll need to lift the door panel upwards in order to get it off the window ledge. Then you'll need to manipulate the panel and disconnect the door handle linkage from the door handle and disconnect the wiring for your controls.
Posted on Nov 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 11, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 08, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 14, 2011 | Dodge Grand Caravan Cars & Trucks
Jan 23, 2010 | 2000 Ford Expedition
Jan 18, 2010 | 2006 Honda Odyssey
Dec 30, 2009 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 06, 2009 | 2001 Nissan Quest
Nov 19, 2008 | 1994 Dodge Caravan
Jun 23, 2017 | 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan
134 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!