Ok, I am about to solve the mistery on the transmission problems with these 2004 and 2005 Nissan Maxima.
I had 2 Maxima's 2004, let's call car A with a bad transmission and good motor, and car B with good transmission and bad motor.
1. I swap engines from car B to car A, after that, car A runned good with not a single issue.
2. Car B was with out and engine and a bad transmission,
3. I found a motor and transmission from a wrecked salvage 2005 Nissan Maxima with only 25,000 miles in it,
4. After the installation of the good engine and transmission on car B, I found a broken solenoid,
lets call the good engine and transmission (SET).
5. Remember car A is fixed, but car B had a bad transmission.
6. After removing the bad transmission from car B, the SET had a broken transmission solenoid called (pressure control valve solenoid) cause by the accident, the transmission valve cover had a small dent, right where the solenoid is, that how it got broke,
7. Since I still had the bad transmission from car B, the solenoid from that transmission were good in shape, so I thought I was lucky enough to swap the solenoid from car B to the SET,
after I did that I was good to go very confident that car B was going to run fine, but it did not.
8. Car B with a 25,000 miles SET end it up doing the exact same problem that it had before with the transmission, it is near impossible that the problem is the wear on the valve body since the SET only has 25,000 miles and I only swap the solenoid. 2 of them to be exact.
8. Now I am in the market to buy just the 2 brand new solenoids and cross my fingers, Nissan for some reason, they dont want to sell the solenoids by them self, you need to get the complete valve body assy. and shops are happy with that idea cause it is more money on the pocket for dealers and shops, so I hope is the solenoids, they are really easy to replace, just by removing the valve body cover and remove 2 bolts, 1 for each solenoid and that's it. I called one guy who owens a shop and I ask him if he sells the solenoids remanufactured and he started yelling cause he is thinking that we are stupids since he had many people asking about these solenoids and he is saying that the problem is the valve body it self, he make me mad because I only asked him for the solenoids not to try to make me buy the new valve body assy. I will follow up after I find the solenoids and replace these on my Maxima just to confirm, any questions e mail me back at email@example.com