Question about 2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx
My locks keep locking and unlocking by themselves...even when I'm driving or not even in the vehicle.
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: programing keyless entry
If you have an owners manual the programming instructions are in there. If no manual here they are:
1. Turn the ignition off.
2. Ground the receiver program terminal. Jump the two terminals located in the programing ground connector. (What this means in simple terms is locate the wires that run on the right side of the trunk. There is two black wires that has a plug on the end with two prongs. It is in between the antenna and tail lights.)
3. Within 2 seconds of connecting the prongs the door locks will lock. The unlock and the rear compartment lid release will produce a cycle, causing the horn to chirp. This indicates that the module is ready for reprogramming.
4. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons at the same time until the doors lock and unlock. The rear compartment lid will release and the horn sounds to indicate that the transmitter has successfully been reprogrammed. (Hold buttons down for approximately 12 seconds)
5. Repeat the previous step for the remaining transmitters.
6. Remove the jumper at the program connector.
7. Verify the proper operation of each transmitter
Posted on Sep 30, 2008
The remote control door lock reciever controls the door locks, and tire pressure monitor. If your TPM and remote work normaly then it will not be the RCDLR. The body mudule is involved but I don't see this problem being related to it. About a week ago I had a car like yours with a small short in a door causing this exact issue. You need to get it scaned for body codes to give you a better idea where to go. Let me know if you need moer help. I have looked on the GM service web site and there are no known issues related to this. Good Luck.
Posted on May 13, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 12, 2016 | 2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx
Jul 21, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 14, 2011 | 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt
Nov 28, 2010 | 1996 Ford Econoline
Dec 15, 2009 | 1998 Chevrolet Malibu
Jul 13, 2009 | 2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx
Jun 20, 2009 | 2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx
Jul 30, 2017 | 2005 Chevrolet Malibu
Feb 27, 2017 | 2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx
Oct 24, 2008 | 2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx
84 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: