Question about 1999 Mercury Mystique
We have looked everywhere below steering colum behind the glove box. Also I need to know where the blower motor relay is.
For the interior compartment, the fuse panel is located under the drivers side instrument panel. Heavier power distribution fuse panel is located under the hood (the engine compartment) on the drivers side. Hope this helps.
Posted on May 06, 2014
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: blower motor speed
The resistor is under the dash on the passenger side. You'll have to remove the protective accessibility hatch first & it will be right underneath there. You'll probably need a 3/4 wrench to remove the 2 bolts that hold it in place. If you replace the resistor & it works for a while then burns out, then it's your blower motor drawing too much voltage & that may need be the next thing to replace so it's like catch 22.
Posted on Nov 13, 2008
IF HAVE AUTOLAMPS
IP FUSE/RELAY PANEL fuse 26 10A & fuse 20 RLY COIL 10A
POWER DISTRIBUTION BOX UNDER HOOD
IF DAYTIME RUNNING
: i/p fuse relay panel fuse 20 RLY COIL 10A
fuse 3 ENGINE CONT 5A
: LH COMPARTMENT FUSE/PANEL
H/LAMP LH 15A
H/LAMP RH 15A
WITHOUT DAYTIME RUNNING LAMPS
: LH ENGINE COMPARTMENT FUSE PANEL
H/LAMP LH 15A
H/LAMP RH 15A
: I/P FUSE/RELAY PANEL
#19 TAIL LAMP 15A
Posted on Feb 05, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Well, here's the instructions from the service manual. The labor guide says this can be done in 1.6 hours...I don't see how, unless the instructions are wrong about having to remove the instrument panel. My thoughts are that if you are only doing the blower motor, the blower assembly will come out without pulling the dash. You probably only have to do a partial disassembly and remove the glove box and the glove box lower support.
Removal and Installation
1. Disconnect battery ground cable. Remove Instrument panel. (See Instrument Panel Removal) Disconnect resistor connector. remove blower assembly duct. Disconnect motor connector. Remove blower assembly
2. Remove blower assembly screws and blower motor assembly. Remove clip and fan from assembly. Separate motor case and remove blower motor. To install, reverse removal procedure.
1. Disable air bag system. See AIRBAG RESTRAINT SYSTEM article in ACCESSORIES/SAFETY EQUIPMENT SECTION. Disconnect negative battery cable. Scribe mating marks on steering wheel and shaft for installation reference. Using Steering Wheel Remover (J-29752) remove steering wheel. Remove steering cowl.
2. Remove instrument panel grilles and plug, or driving pattern indicator panel (A/T Models). Disconnect electrical connections. Remove instrument panel hood, instrument cluster ezel and instrument cluster. Remove hood release handle. Remove knee protector.
3. Remove dash fuse/relay block and side trim. Remove engine control module box. Remove radio console and glove box lower reinforcement. Remove speaker covers and glove box. Remove heater control panel knobs and cover. Disconnect heater control cables, and remove heater control panel. Remove illumination control knob. Remove instrument panel.
1. Install instrument panel. Install and adjust heater control cables. To complete installation, reverse removal procedure. Ensure mating marks on steering wheel and shaft align. Apply grease to contact ring and tighten steering wheel nut to 26 ft.lbs. (35 N.m).
Feb 28, 2011 | 1995 Isuzu Rodeo
Jan 28, 2011 | Chevrolet Corsica Cars & Trucks
Dec 30, 2010 | 1999 Oldsmobile Alero
Dec 30, 2010 | Dodge Caravan Cars & Trucks
Dec 23, 2010 | 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche
Aug 07, 2010 | 1991 Ford Tempo 4 Door
Apr 27, 2010 | 2005 Dodge Caravan
Feb 02, 2010 | 2000 Dodge Caravan
Jan 19, 2010 | 2004 Dodge Caravan
Mar 09, 2009 | 1998 Lexus Gs 400
224 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: