Ok to replace the heater core in the allante you must first take the door off the glove box by removing 4 screws in the corners by the hinges. Remove the valence below the dash on the passenger side.
Now follow these steps
1. remove the radio module disconnect all wires and set it aside
2. Remove the bracket that holds the engine control module slide it out and away
3. Remove the duct control unit slide it down and out from under the dash
4 remove the screws that hold the duct work together, rotate to right and then down from under the dash
5. After the prior the heater core is in view. it has two 8 mm screws holding it in place remove them
6. Now go under the hood with a long extension loosen the clamps on the heater core
7. with at least a 12 inch thin bent flat screwdriver at a 90 degree angle loosen the hose and wiggle it off the heater core nipples
8. Go back into the cockpit and remove the heater core by sliding rearward and to the right
9. Angle hater core down and slide out.
10. reverse to reassemble.
Aug 11, 2008 |
1993 Cadillac Allante