Question about 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
On the 1993 Sedan de Ville, The hazard flasher is easy to locate, under the dash between the steering column and the radio. Looking up, you will see the smooth round side of the flasher and the wires will be attached to the top.
The turn signal flasher is more difficult to get to, but readily accessed with a T-15 torx driver and a little patience. It is located to the left of the steering column, but is most easily accessed through the dash panel instead of from underneath.
1. remove the T-15 screw from above the headlight switch, above the fuel data center, and above the small panel similar to the one around headlight switch. All of these are somewhat hidden, and you'll need to feel for them or get low and look up at them.
2. Using a bent piece of wire or an allen wrench, or anything else handy, pull off the small trim piece that is directly below the steering column. On my car, this is wood-grained plastic. This will expose two more screws that need to be removed.
3. Now, you should be able to remove the large dash trim panel that goes around the fuel data center.
4. Unscrew the two T-15 screws that hold the fuel data center into the dash, and it should pull straight forward. There should be plenty of wire to move it out of the way.
5. The turn signal flasher is the silver can that you see to the right in the opening you just created by removing the fuel data center module. It has a single plug with two conductors on the back. I had to use a small screwdriver to pry it off.
It is a different part number, so I don't know if you can just swap it for the hazard flasher to test it like you can on many cars. I just replaced mine with a Wagner 323, which is what came out of mine.
Posted on Apr 30, 2010
For the 1989 Cadillac Fleetwood:
I do not know if you have the Fleetwood Brougham with the 5.0L V8, or the Fleetwood FWD (Front Wheel Drive) with the 4.5L V8; however I have included both below.
For the Fleetwood Brougham 5.0L V8:
For the Fleetwood FWD (Front Wheel Drive) 4.5L V8
Let me know if this helped, or if you have additional information or questions. Feel Free to contact me at FixYa.com!
Posted on May 21, 2010
SOURCE: Have a 93 cadillac fleetwood,
The security system is keeping the engine from starting. In order to manually learn the security, you should try the following. With a fully charged battery, and all accesories, including headlamps, and dome lamp off, turn the key on, crank the engine for a second, then release the key. Leaving the ignition on for ten miniutes, the security light will shut off. turn the key off, back on, then repeat. This needs to be done 3 times, after 30 mins, try starting the engine. It should have relearned, and start up. Good luck...coop
Posted on Dec 10, 2010
SOURCE: I have a 1994 Cadillac
Replace the relay as they are fairly inexpensive and if that doesn't solve the problem the pump located in the gas tank may need to be replaced. I'm assuming you have first changed the fuel filter. Also if there's water in the fuel add some Heet fuel additive to disperse the water and also add some fuel injection cleaner to the tank as it can't hurt.
Posted on Feb 22, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 30, 2016 | 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood
Jun 20, 2016 | Cadillac Cars & Trucks
Oct 03, 2014 | 1989 Cadillac Fleetwood
Dec 17, 2013 | 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood
Sep 20, 2012 | 1989 Cadillac Fleetwood
Mar 28, 2012 | 1991 Cadillac Fleetwood
Jun 16, 2009 | 1998 Subaru Forester
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: