Question about 1998 Cadillac Catera
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You need to remove the upper rad hose and the battery.
Then, use a torx to remove the 6 screws (hard to get at) which will remove the EBTCM from the brake modulator. You also must disconnect the two electrical connectors (the big one has a slide tab).
There are places you can send the module to and rebuild with warranty. I took a module from a 99' and installed it in my wife's 01'. Now the speedo, odometer, cruise and power steering work perfect and no TCM / ABS light.
Posted on Aug 18, 2009
Has to be done by a dealer or a locksmith with the proper GM Tool, and also has to be the correct part and remote number.
Posted on Aug 28, 2009
Fluid - A/T: Service and Repair
Transmission Fluid and Oil Filter Changing
1. Raise and suitably support the vehicle. Refer to Vehicle Lift Points.
2. Place drain pan under pan
3. Remove oil pan bolts from front and sides only.
4. Loosen the rear oil pan bolts approximately four turns.
5. Lightly tap the oil pan with a rubber mallet or pry to drain the fluid from main case.
6. Remove the oil pan bolts from rear oil pan and gasket.
7. Remove front oil pan bolts leaving one corner bolt in loosely.
8. Lightly tap oil pan with rubber mallet or pry to drain fluid.
9. Remove the following remaining components:
^ The front oil pan bolts
^ The oil pan
^ The gasket
10. Remove the oil filter bolts and filter.
11. Clean the following components:
^ The transmission case
^ The front adapter case
^ The oil pan gasket surfaces with solvent
^ Air dry
^ All traces of gasket material must be removed
1. Install the gasket.
2. Install the oil filter.
3. Install the bolts.
^ Tighten the transmission oil filter bolts to 20 Nm (15 ft. lbs.).
NOTICE: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.
4. Install the front oil pan.
5. Install the front oil pan gasket
6. Install the front oil pan bolts
^ Tighten the front oil pan bolts to 11 Nm (96 inch lbs.).
7. Install the following components:
^ Install the pan
^ Install the gasket
^ Install the bolts
^ Tighten the oil pan bolts to 11 Nm (96 inch lbs.).
8. Refill the transmission with DEXRON III through oil pan fill plug on the side of the (main case) oil pan. Fill the transmission to lower edge of oil
pan fill. Fill plug opening using and oil suction gun.
^ Tighten the oil pan fill plug to 45 Nm (33 ft. lbs.).
9. Lower the vehicle.
10. Check the transmission fluid level. Refer to Transmission Fluid Checking Procedure.
Posted on Sep 13, 2009
For the 1998 Cadillac Catera 3.0L DOHC V6:
Igntion Coil Connections:
Let me know if this helped, or if you have additional information or questions. Feel Free to contact me at FixYa.com!
Posted on Apr 21, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 31, 2016 | 1998 Cadillac Catera
Apr 26, 2014 | Cadillac Catera Cars & Trucks
Apr 26, 2014 | 1999 Cadillac Catera
Aug 18, 2012 | 1998 Cadillac Catera
Apr 16, 2011 | 1998 Cadillac Catera
Jun 12, 2010 | 1998 Cadillac Catera
Apr 21, 2010 | 1998 Cadillac Catera
Jul 10, 2009 | 1998 Cadillac Catera
Apr 09, 2009 | 1998 Cadillac Catera
13 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: