Question about Dodge Ram
I have a 2008 dodge ram 5500. For the past 3 years all my dash, running & headlights have been randomly pulsing. I've checked the batteries, alt, regulator, all good. Forums have plenty of questions about this issue but no definitive answers. I've had it in the shop at Dallas Dodge before & they couldn't even figure out the problem. Would appreciate some advice.
Posted by Anonymous on
Being a 08. You have a TIPM.. Basically the fuse panel under the hood. But it has a computer attached to it. It is not totally sealed from the weather. It practically runs everything. Bad spot for them IMHO. I pull them and check plugs for corrosion. Some times I have to fix the plug/s. Most times it is the TIPM. Yours is intermittent, don't rule out the light switch.
Posted on Nov 05, 2016
Try You Tube !
Posted on Nov 05, 2016
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I had the same problem on a 94 dodge with the cummins. It seems the crank sensor that reads from a notch on the harmonic balancer was the problem Without this sensor reading that the engine is running the alternator wont charge. Possibly the same problem with yours
Posted on May 03, 2009
Not too much amperage. HID lights use less amps. Duh. The circuit is showing a failure in the HID kit from not enough amps so it turns off. You need to add a resistor.
Posted on Dec 07, 2009
SOURCE: check engine light reset
usaly You use a OBD 2 Scan tool if you do not have one you might want to disconect battery for a minute then reconect the battery how ever keep in mind if you do not fix the switch that cause the *eng light* to come on it will return when you start the car up again,Hope this helps ,John
Posted on Dec 22, 2009
ATTENTION: You MUST HAVE one working remote to add one more to the system. If you do not have one working remote right now then these instructions will not work. You will have to have a Locksmith or dealership use a computer to program the first remote for you. 2. Fasten your seat belt ( fastening the seat belt will cancel any chiming that may 3. Place key into the ignition. 4. Turn the ignition to the ON position ( DO NOT START THE ENGINE ) 5. Press and hold the UNLOCK button on a working remote. 10. Within 4 seconds of hearing the chime, press and release any button on the remote
Click here to find a Locksmith in your area to program this remote.
1. Enter your vehicle and close all doors.
confuse you during this programming procedure.)
6. Continue to hold the UNLOCK button, wait at least 4 seconds, but no longer than
10 seconds, then press and hold PANIC button.
7. When a single chime is heard, release both buttons. The chime indicates the system
is in program mode.
8. Press and release both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons, simultaneoulsly on the remote
to be programmed.
9. A single chime will be heard. The chime indicates the the remote was recognized.
11. A single chime will be heard The chime indicates the remote has been programmed.
12. Repeat steps 8 to 11 for a total of 4 remotes.
13. Turn the ignition to the OFF position or wait 60 seconds to exit program mode.
2. Fasten your seat belt ( fastening the seat belt will cancel any chiming that may
3. Place key into the ignition.
4. Turn the ignition to the ON position ( DO NOT START THE ENGINE )
5. Press and hold the UNLOCK button on a working remote.
10. Within 4 seconds of hearing the chime, press and release any button on the remote
Posted on Jul 02, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 05, 2016 | 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500
Oct 20, 2015 | 1995 Dodge Ram 3500
Oct 28, 2014 | 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Aug 24, 2010 | Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Cars & Trucks
Jan 29, 2010 | 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab Laramie
Jun 11, 2009 | 2008 Dodge Ram 2500
Feb 20, 2009 | 2005 Dodge Ram
Dec 19, 2008 | Dodge Ram 3500 Cars & Trucks
340 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: