Question about 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Truck 2WD

1 Answer

I'm having to replace upper & lower balljoints

2001 dodge ram 1500 2wd- they are ribbid in,how do i go about taking them out.i was told to use air hammer,chizzel heads off then hammer them out.

Posted by on

  • 3 more comments 
  • dannyray_89 Jun 19, 2009

    need take upper-lower out,having problems taking ribbids out

  • dannyray_89 Jun 19, 2009

    whats the best way to take them out.

  • Marvin
    Marvin May 11, 2010

    oh u mean "RIVETS"

  • Baron Clime May 11, 2010

    upper control arms? or something else?

  • Marvin
    Marvin May 11, 2010

    what are u doing here, u don't say, post is gibberish



1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 58 Answers

That is exactly right. can be done by hand with a hammer and chisel but is more work!

Posted on Jun 19, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How do i giain access to rear upper balljoint in 2001 sebring sedan 2.7

the front wheels have an upper and lower balljoint . remove the wheel to acsess. or rephrase your question.

May 27, 2015 | 2001 Chrysler Sebring

1 Answer

Thumping sound on front end (both sides) on taking off and stopping. It feels like some sort of joint problem.

Try checking your upper and lower balljoints. Put your car securely up in the air, and grip the wheel at 12 and 6. While gripping the wheel, push hard in and out. If you feel any looseness, one of your balljoints could be worn out. I hope this helps, i am not the best at explaining this, if you have more questions email me at

Jun 26, 2011 | Dodge Durango Cars & Trucks

2 Answers

Vibration on driver side I put new tires on an still vibrates at 50 mph an up

sounds like your balancing is off, have balance checked my tire dealer, or there is a bubble in the new tire, that something happens ever to new tires.

Jun 14, 2010 | 2006 Dodge Ram

1 Answer

2001 Sebring Sedan LX, 2.7l V-6, VIN Code U Lower balljoints: Can the front left and right lower ball joints be pressed into or out of the lower control arms on this vehicle? I'm being told by my mechanic...

Sounds odd... Rikkalan,

(but it appears AMAZON agrees with your mechanic)

Just go to ROCKAUTO and look up your parts...

If the entire arm needs to be replaced the separate ball-joint will not be listed...

Hope this helps!!
RockAuto Parts Catalog

2001 CHRYSLER SEBRING 2 4L L4 DOHC Ball Joint RockAuto

Mar 03, 2017 | 2001 Chrysler Sebring

1 Answer

I have a 2001 dakota do I have to change the lower control arm to change the ball joint??

No you don't have to change the lower control arm to install a new balljoint.These balljoints come riveted in at the factory, you must grind the rivets then drive them through with a drift punch then they pull out....Then you can install new balljoints.I hope I could help...

Jan 23, 2010 | 2001 Dodge Dakota

1 Answer

How do i change the upper and lower ball joints on

The upper and lower ball joints are riveted in on the oem ball joints you have to cut the rivets and then use a balljoint press to press them out the new ball joints have nuts and bolts just press them back in and tighten down the nut

Jan 20, 2010 | 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Truck

2 Answers

How to remove the upper ball joints on a 2001 Ford Explorer Sports track

You will need to jack up the vehicle and also support it by the lower control arms as well as the frame. Remove the front wheels and place them aside.unbolt the upper control arms.....and wedge a pickle fork between the upper balljoint and spindle to knock the upper balljoint loose. Then simply reinstall the new control arms....which have the balljoints in them already.install the balljoint nuts and cotter pins and then reinstall the wheels and lower truck back to the ground.Be sure to drive vehicle to an alignment shop asap so you do not start to eat up your tires. get back to me if you have any more questions...i'm here to help!!!!!

Nov 20, 2009 | 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

1 Answer

How do i replace the upper and lower ball joints on my 2000 dodge durango

Dear Balljoint Replacer.....
This is a very labor intensive repair.The specialty tools that you need will be an air (or electric) die grinder, and an air hammer.If you already have these then GREAT!!! If not then be prepared to invest in a good $500 purchase for these tools.Once you get the vehicle up in the air and the wheels off then place jackstands underneath the frame and the lower control arms on both sides.Keep in mind to keep the jack stands underneath the lower control arms at all times because your suspension will be under load.Remove the brake calipers from both sides and swing them around and out of the need to break open the brake system....just swing the caliper and whole hose assy out of the way. Once tis is done its time to loosen and remove both upper and lower balljoint nuts...after that is performed then it's time to shock the spindle with a hammer to release the balljoints from the spindle.Your balljoints will then be ready to be removed.Now you have to take your grinder and score your rivets that hold your balljoints in on both the upper and lower so the top of the rivets are ground down to the control arm.Next take a punch and hammer the rivets in a downward movement to release the rivets and you can remove each balljoint like that.
The new balljoints install with nuts and bolts.Install is reverse of disassembly If you have any questions get back to me...HOPE I COULD HELP!!

Nov 17, 2009 | 2000 Dodge Durango

3 Answers

I have to replace the Upper & Lower Ball-Joints on my '03 5.9L V-8 Durango, do i have to also change the control arm or can i do only the ball joints?

You should be able to just replace the ball joints, should not need to replace the comntrol arms. Hope this helps

Jul 15, 2009 | 2003 Dodge Durango

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

118 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Dodge Experts


Level 3 Expert

81400 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers

Ronny Bennett Sr.
Ronny Bennett Sr.

Level 3 Expert

6927 Answers

Are you a Dodge Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides