Question about 2010 Toyota Land Cruiser
Error Code: B2788
Blink Code: 41
Description: Communication Error (code does not match)
- Wire harness or connector.
- Immobilizer or ECM is water contaminated.
- Engine Control Module.
- Transponder key computer assembly.
- If you have replaced the key, ECM or immobilizer it needs to be programmed by a professional key maker.
- If it happened accidentally and you have the original working master key or remote, do the following.
- With ignition switch off, open the driver's door, short the pins 4 and 13 with paper clip or auto wire in Data Link Connector (16 Pin), which is located under the dash on steering wheel side.
- Leave the driver"s door open, switch ON the ignition and leave it ON for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, switch OFF the ignition, remove the jumper wire and start the engine. If the engine starts and the check engine light is ON delete the code with scan tool and the job is done.
- If it is a smart key, bring the remote facing the Toyota emblem just near the push start button to hear a sound and put the remote on passenger's seat for one minute to complete the registration process.
- If the problem persists, contact a professional key programming personnel.
Posted on Apr 24, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
261 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: