Question about 2002 Lexus SC 430
Posted by Anonymous on
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 24, 2015 | 2005 Toyota Prius
Feb 09, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 25, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 14, 2012 | Peugeot Cars & Trucks
I've made up the following instructions, on how to clear VSC & TRAC Warning lights:
Zero Point Calibration of Yaw Rate and Deceleration Sensors Using Paper Clips (or jumper wires).
First, locate the 16-pin ODB II connector under the steering wheel (beneath the dash). The pins are numbered sequentially backwards from right to left (from the wide side of the connector looking at it from underneath).
Take two normal-sized paper clips (or suitable jumper wires). If using paper clips, straighten one edge of one of the paper clips. For the other, bend it open to a 90-degree angle (like an elbow).
Insert one paper clip/wire into pin # 14 (Ts), and the other paper clip/wire into pin # 4 (CG) of the OBD II connector - DO NOT allow the paper clips/wires to make contact at this point. 1. Ensure the shift lever is in "P" range. Verify that the VSC indicator light is illuminated, indicating the Recorded Zero point is erased.
Refer to diagram below:
2. Turn the ignition switch to "ON" (not start).
3. Momentarily touch the two paper clips/wires together (short) and separate again (open) - Repeat this process 5 times (within 8 seconds of turning ignition on).
4. Turn the ignition switch "OFF".
5. Remove both paper clips/jumper wires from the OBD II connector.
6. Turn the ignition switch "ON" (not start) - wait until VSC warning light turns off (approx. 20 seconds), then wait 2 seconds.
7. Turn the ignition switch "OFF".
9. Re-insert paper clips/jumper wires to terminals #4 & #14 of the OBD II connector (as per above diagram).
10. Turn the ignition switch "ON" (not start) - VSC warning light should remain illuminated for 4 seconds, then start flashing at 0.13 second intervals.
12. After VSC warning light flashes for 2 seconds, turn the ignition switch "OFF".
13. Remove paper clips/jumper wires from the OBD II connector.
Drive your vehicle to confirm VSC & TRAC warning lights have been reset and no longer illuminate.
"If this has helped you resolve your issue, please be kind enough to leave a testimonial"
1. Ensure the shift lever is in "P" range.
Verify that the VSC indicator light is illuminated, indicating the Recorded Zero point is erased.
Jun 10, 2011 | 2001 Toyota Sienna
Jan 10, 2011 | 2006 Lexus Gs 300
Mar 24, 2010 | 2002 Toyota 4Runner
Aug 10, 2009 | 2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Jun 07, 2009 | 2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Apr 14, 2009 | 2006 Toyota Sienna
15 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: