Question about 2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner
Could be several problems:
MAF could be dirty or faulty
exhaust leak between engine and first o2 sensor
low fuel pressure or sticking/plugged fuel injectors
failed o2 sensor
pcv valve failed or stuck open
cracked vacuum or pcv line/connection
vacuum leak downstream from MAF
Posted on Jun 28, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
check the mass air flow sensor there maybe dirt on the filiment inside the sensor causing false readings. cleaning or replacing it may make the codes go away.
Posted on Nov 18, 2009
May mean that one or more of the following has happened:
- The MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor is dirty or faulty. Note: The use of "oiled" air filters may cause the MAF to become dirty if the filter is over-oiled. There is also an issue with some vehicles where the MAF sensors leak the silicone potting material used to protect the circuitry.
- There could be a vacuum leak downstream of the MAF sensor.
Possible solutions include...
- In the vast majority of cases, simply cleaning the MAF sensor does the trick. Consult your service manual for it's location if you need help. I find it's best to take it off and spray it with electronics cleaner or brake cleaner. Make sure you are careful not to damage the MAF sensor, and make sure it's dry before reinstalling
- Inspect all vacuum and PCV hoses, replace if necessary
- Check for a dirty fuel filter and proper fuel pressure
Hope this helps; also keep in mind that your feedback is important and I'll appreciate your time and consideration if you leave some testimonial comment about this answer.
Thank you for using Fixya, and have a nice day.
Posted on Nov 21, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 15, 2016 | 2002 Ford Ranger
May 07, 2016 | Honda Cars & Trucks
Jul 05, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
May 11, 2014 | 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
May 21, 2011 | 2001 Jaguar S-Type
Jul 29, 2010 | Chrysler Concorde Cars & Trucks
Apr 27, 2010 | 2000 Saturn SL
Feb 16, 2010 | 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Nov 01, 2009 | 1999 Isuzu Rodeo
Jan 16, 2009 | 1996 Ford Windstar
170 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!