Question about 1995 Volkswagen Golf
Bought car,seller said "replace batterys it works..."it doesnt,nothing happens when i plip.rubber button lost from remote,does this matter?-i can still operate switch,but nothing happens.new one needed?what about alarm,etc,-i cant lock doors unless i get in thru boot-im nearly 60!!
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I had a VW rabbit that developed mad electrical problems. It started when one day the headlights remained on and would not shut off. It turned out that a $2.00 gasket for the antenna wire had failed. This allowed road water from the wheel well to leak onto the fuse box. In time the fuse panel corroded and shorted out. I had to replace the fuse box twice and use rubber epoxy to seal the leak.
Check all fuses and electrical wiring for signs of shorts or corrosion.
Posted on Jul 25, 2009
my mum had a similar problem and it turn out the code the key transmits to the engine had gone wrong she took it to a vw dealer and they reprogrammed the key. it works fine now and is a common problem. hope that helps
Posted on Sep 18, 2009
Maybe fuse number 6 is blown (check lefthand side of steerning wheel where all teh fuses are located - you must open the door)
Posted on Feb 02, 2010
unlock with key and hold key over for 30 secs(windows may go down)then lock with key and hold over for 30 secs(windows may go up)then press remote unlock button and hold for 30 secs,you have just reset system...the closer you have to get to the car for the remote to work the lower the battery power.sensor on top of dash(little black dimple)rarely,if at all, goes wrong.....
Posted on Jun 11, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 08, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 08, 2014 | 1999 Nissan Primera
FOB / PLIP PROGRAMMING :
406 deadlocking remote control has specific button controls, and if the vehicle
has two controls, one is set as primary and the other as secondary.
replacing the Plip, a Primary or Secondary Plip are different part numbers and
must be ordered as required. The white label inside the Plip is labelled PRIM
Turn the Ignition switch ON.
Press the large Plip key button (Primary Plip)
Within 10 seconds press the large Plip key button (Secondary Plip)
If there is one remote, press the Primary plip button twice.
Turn ignition OFF.
Test Plip's for correct operation.
NOTE : On some 406 models, Plips cannot be re-synchronised unless the battery has been disconnected for 1 minute
Oct 27, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 28, 2012 | Citroen C2 Cars & Trucks
Mar 12, 2012 | Nissan Cars & Trucks
May 26, 2011 | 2005 Volkswagen Golf
Feb 03, 2011 | Peugeot Liberte Cars & Trucks
1. Turn the Ignition switch to the accessory position using the key without the remote plip attached.
2. Hold the Plip key close to the central locking receiver mounted in the roof console.
3. Press the large plip button and then the small plip button on the remote.
4. Repeat for second Plip key if required.
5. Turn the ignition OFF.
6. After 5 seconds the Plip should now operate.
1.Switch off the ignition
2. Switch on the ignition
3. Immediately after switching on the ignition, press the large remote button
4. The remote should now be working again.
Jan 07, 2011 | 2005 Peugeot 405
Sep 27, 2010 | 2005 Peugeot 405
Remote Control Fob Procedures:
The Central Door locking is controlled by the Multi-Remote Control system which controls
the door locking, door super locking and emergency hazard reminders.
When the doors are locked and unlocked the unit flashes the hazard lights once for lock and twice for unlock.
A maximum of four remote controls are allowed to be programmed:
Ensure all the doors have been unlocked, either by using a good transponder key or remote
control plip key.
1. Turn the ignition switch from Position 0 to ON 6 times within 10 seconds.
2. Next, turn ignition switch to OFF position. Leave key in ignition switch.
3. Wait 2 seconds then the system will enter programming mode and will flash the warning
4. Press and HOLD the unlock button on the Plip.
5. While pressing the unlock button, press the lock button 3 times.
6. Release the unlock button.
7. The warning lights will flash once to indicate successful programming.
8. Repeat procedure 4 to 7 for up to 4 plip key's.
9. When completed turn ignition ON, and the warning lights will flash 2 times.
10. Remove key, and check all plip key's for operation.
NOTE : The programming mode will stop when either the ignition is switch ON, 4 plip keys
have been programmed or no input signal either from the switch or plip keys has been received
for 120 seconds.
i hope this can help you.. :)
Jul 28, 2008 | 2005 Nissan Sentra
67 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: