Question about 2006 Hyundai Sonata
The shop manual does not illustrate the procedure for removing the rear package deck (back dash). This will be a lengthy description for removing this deck
1. Remove the rear seat bottom (2 12mm bolts located in between the seams at the seat back and the seat bottom (lower the seat backs and you'll have to feel for them). Remove them
2. Remove the seat bottom (two spring loaded clips at the front of the seat bottom).
3. Remove the 12 mm bolts at the bottom of both LH & RH shoulder cushions. Lift UP and then forward (careful you don't break the should cushion clips at the back of the cushions).
4. Using a small screwdriver, remove the SRS caps at the C-Pillar moldings (behind them are either two phillips head screws or 10mm bolts) - remove them
5. Remove the C-Pillar moldings -- they are 'Clipped' into position (use a flashlight to locate them and a long shaft plane screwdriver to help 'unclip' them).
lower the seat backs down. Note the trunk accessway side moldings (approximately 8 to 10 phillips head screws) remove them and the accessway moldings (you can'r remove the deck unless you remove these accessway moldings).
6. Find the plastic clips which hold the rear deck in place (usually yellow or blue)
Remove the rear package deck.
Now, depending on what you want to do now... it's up to you.
Reassembly is in reverse order.
Posted on Jun 20, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Make sure all door switches are functioning properly. See that each switch pushes in and out, without sticking.
Posted on Feb 10, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 23, 2015 | Hyundai Cars & Trucks
Nov 13, 2014 | 2006 Hyundai Sonata
May 17, 2012 | 2006 Hyundai Sonata
Apr 19, 2010 | 2006 Hyundai Sonata
Feb 09, 2010 | 2006 Hyundai Sonata
Jan 08, 2010 | 2006 Hyundai Sonata
Oct 02, 2009 | 2006 Hyundai Sonata
Jan 28, 2009 | 2006 Hyundai Sonata
1,169 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!