Question about Chevrolet Equinox
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I am describing the procedure for the "On/Off" switch, I did not try the one you mention. Buy the switch anywhere ( about $15 ), then use a sharp tool ( small knife, screwdriver, anything ) to gently pry the old one from its socket. It is not glued or screwed in or anything, just squeezed tightly in the socket. Once the switch is out, pull the cable, connect it to the new one, insert back in the socket and press gently. No force necessary, it comes out easily.
Posted on Jul 14, 2008
Hiya...the cabin air filter is located below the front passenger/windshield area.
It's only accessible by standing outside the Equinox with the hood open.
Here's how to do it...(before you pop open the hood)
1) Stand outside at the front-right door area.
2) Just below the front windshield area, pull up a few small black plastic clips that's on the black windshield wiper cowl area- a small flat screwdriver or a special clip-remover tool is handy.
3) Raise the hood up.
4) There may be a triangular-shaped hard foam sound damper at the left side nearby the hood hinge...pull it off if it allow you to work around it with ease.
5) Continue to find a few black plastic clips around the black windshield wiper cowl area.
6) Gently pull up the black windshield wiper cowl cover with care not to bend it too hard during removal.
7) You should see the cabin air filter inside that's held in place by a black rectangular box inside.
8) There's 2 black tabs that holds the cabin air filter in place.
9) Insert your finger or tool to pry the cabin air filter away from the tabs.
10) Remove old cabin air filter.
Remember to reinstall the clip parts back into place when you're finished.
Posted on Apr 05, 2009
The cruise control suddenly stopped working and lites did not come on either, was working fine one day then next day it didnt'. Is there a fuse that might have gone out and if so where is it located?
Posted on Apr 10, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 09, 2014 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Apr 17, 2013 | 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Jan 30, 2013 | 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Oct 09, 2012 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Jun 13, 2017 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
May 18, 2010 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Mar 11, 2010 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Aug 05, 2009 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Jul 26, 2008 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
213 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!