Question about 2008 Chrysler Pt Cruiser
Car starts but only runs about 30 seconds and shuts off. does not recognize key fob activation. I put a new battery in key fob but still does not work
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: key fob will not undo
If you don't have one that works for the vehicle now, you'll have to take it to your local dealer to have it programmed to the vehicle. Some will charge for this, some will do it at no charge.
If you do have a remote that is programmed and working for the vehicle, then the following steps will allow you to program another remote:
1. Enter vehicle and close all doors.
2. Put seatbelt on (or clip it into the buckle) to shut the warning buzzer off.
3. Put key in ignition, turn to run position but don't start it.
4. Press and hold the unlock button on the working key fob and hold for 4 seconds, then also press the panic button.
5. Release both buttons and you should hear a single chime to indicate it is in program mode. You have 30 seconds after the chime to program any additional remotes you want to program.
6. Press and release both the unlock and lock buttons simultaneously on the remote you are programming. You should hear another single chime.
7. Within 4 seconds after hearing the chime, press either lock or unlock button on remote that you are programming.
Posted on Oct 16, 2008
SOURCE: key fob wont work
the battery part just use a flat screwdriver, or if you are like my wife a butter knife, and pop off the back and go get a battery. You should not have to reprogram the remote. I just bought a 98 lincoln and the battery was dead in the remote also and all I did was replace the battery. hope this helps.
Posted on May 28, 2009
I am having trouble also but I need to know how to disconnect the alarm. I would appreciate it if you could help me out seeing that you have disconnected yours. Thank you
Posted on Jun 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 16, 2016 | 2003 Ford Expedition
Jan 01, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 17, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 19, 2012 | Vauxhall Astra Cars & Trucks
Feb 15, 2018 | 1996 GMC Sonoma
May 10, 2011 | Dodge Grand Caravan Cars & Trucks
Dec 07, 2010 | Buick Regal Cars & Trucks
Feb 13, 2010 | 1995 Volkswagen Golf
Aug 17, 2009 | 2002 Pontiac Grand Am
Mar 30, 2009 | 1999 Pontiac Sunfire
23 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!