Question about 2005 Chevrolet Silverado

1 Answer

2001 dodge 1500 4x4 governor pressre sensor

On a dodge 2001 1500 4x4 where is the governor pressure sensor located and is it easy to replace

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Chevrolet Expert
  • 212 Answers

Remove the Transmission pan. It is the larger one of the 4 solenoids, it is the rearward one of the set of solenoids. Usually a black color and round like a small pepper shaker. If you are replacing this one, you really should replace them all. This governor pressure sensor, when if fails, usually causes the transmission to start off in 2nd gear and then upshift to other gears is delayed and harsh.

Posted on Jun 26, 2014


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Where is trans temp sensor located?

Mounted to the valve body. Remove the transmission pan(messy). On the passenger side of the valve body there are 2 electrical parts. One is the governor pressure solenoid and the other is the governor pressure sensor. The solenoid is in the center of the plate, the sensor is at the side. You have to remove both. You want to replace the sensor. It has the temp sensor built into it.

Apr 12, 2016 | Dodge Ram 1500 Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

2001 Dodge 1500 4x4

The governor pressure sensor and solenoid are inside the transmission . remove transmission pan and filter they are on the passenger side solenoid is round and its holding bracket retains the pressure sensor in the valve body. 2 # 20 torx screws

Apr 17, 2014 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

2004 jeep code 1763 what to do

P1763 - Governor Pressure Sensor Voltage Too High

This code is refer for the governor pressure sensor which is located in the valve body of the transmission. If getting power to the sensor and the wires are not open or shorted then the sensor will need to be replaced.


Hoist and support vehicle on safety stands.
Remove transmission fluid pan and filter.
Disengage wire connectors from pressure sensor and solenoid (see picture)
Remove screws holding pressure solenoid retainer to governor body.
Separate solenoid retainer from governor (see picture)
Pull solenoid from governor body
Pull pressure sensor from governor body.
Remove bolts holding governor body to valve body.
Separate governor body from valve body
Remove governor body gasket.

Before installing the pressure sensor and solenoid in the governor body, replace O-ring seals, clean the gasket surfaces and replace gasket.

Place gasket in position on back of governor body
Place governor body in position on valve body.
Install bolts to hold governor body to valve body.
Lubricate O-ring on pressure sensor with transmission fluid.
Align pressure sensor to bore in governor body.
Push pressure sensor into governor body.
Lubricate O-ring, on pressure solenoid, with transmission fluid.
Align pressure solenoid to bore in governor body
Push solenoid into governor body.
Place solenoid retainer in position on governor
Install screws to hold pressure solenoid retainer to governor body.
Engage wire connectors into pressure sensor and solenoid Install transmission fluid pan and (new) filter.
Lower vehicle and road test to verify repair.





Hope helps.

Sep 29, 2011 | 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

What is MIL code 1757 on 2001 Dodge Durango?

governor pressure above 3psi in gear with 0mph
possible causes
solenoid pack connector 5v supply circuit open
sensor signal circuit shorted to ground or shorted to voltage
governor pressure sensor defective
transmission fluid burnt or pan has debris
valve body valve sticking or defective
pcm defective

Jul 13, 2010 | 2001 Dodge Durango

1 Answer

2000 Dodge Durango - P1757 GOV Pressure Not Equal

I have had to replace the governor on those dodge transmissions, and there is a filtering metal mesh screen around the governor inlet port that seems to always get plugged up with small metal shavings. The governor is located under the transmission pan to the rear of the main valve body.

May 05, 2010 | 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

Po748 can tcc solenoid or vehicle speed sensor cause this code

One question? Did you clear the codes out of the system with a scanner? I believe that's the only way to do it now,unlike the old days when you could rest by disconnecting the battery. Hope this helps.

Apr 22, 2010 | 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Truck 2WD

1 Answer

Have an 02 dodge 5.9 gas trany shifts very slow hooked up to obd2 reads governor has low pressure P1757. how can i check the pump?

You will need a pressure guage to check line pressure. Governor pressure sensor failure is a common issue. You may want to replace the Sensor, and transducer, also inspect the pan for any debris while it is removed. Make sure to check all electrical connections to the trans, make sure the connectors are clean and corrosion free. There is a pressure test port near the rear of the trans, on the right rear of the case.

Nov 18, 2009 | 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Truck 2WD

1 Answer

I cant find where the trans fluid thermostat goes in my 2001 dodge ram 3500 with a 46re trans and a 5.9 engine

if your vehicle is a diesel truck then removed transmission pan. removed transmission filter as well. you will find wiring going to two solenoids side by side. follow harness to other sensor. single solenoid which is located on governor. there will be a square sensor on side, should be black in color. that is your temp sensor. make sure to replace the governor and sensor together. they can be bought seperately but not advisable to just replace temp sensor. should range in price of $200 for both.

Apr 22, 2009 | 2001 Dodge Ram 3500 Truck

1 Answer


I had the same problrm a couple weeks ago I ended up replacing the governor pressure sensor and the solenoid it is very easy you just drop the pan and it is right there. Here is a website that shows you how to do it

Feb 02, 2009 | 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

97 Dodge sensor

It's located under the transmission pan. Once off, you'll see 2 pieces on the passanger side of the valvebody. One is the gov sensor, the other is the gov sonenoid. I recommend replacing them both if your having a governor problem. Remove 4 7/16 bolts and 2 t25 torx screws to remove. Don't tear the gasket on the plate they're in and reuse it. Piece of cake. Trust me, replace them both. 15 year dodge dealer tech.

Oct 08, 2008 | Dodge Ram 1500 Cars & Trucks

Not finding what you are looking for?
2005 Chevrolet Silverado Logo

105 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Chevrolet Experts


Level 3 Expert

80417 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers

Ronny Bennett Sr.
Ronny Bennett Sr.

Level 3 Expert

6927 Answers

Are you a Chevrolet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides