Question about 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan
If acceleration pedal is depressed between 1-2 inches, grinding occurs. If out of this range, acceleration is fine. Occurs when driving straight, turning, starting from rest, driving with initial speeds(10,40,60 etc.). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Good info, can you reproduce safely with the wheels off the ground? then try to operate the throttle by hand under the hood. use a stethescope. reminds me of a torque convertor or flexplate. but after reproducing it and isolating it you will have more info to go from. they've been known for sloppy mounts and drive gear troubles so you need to perform testing based on what you are actually getting on yours. careful, jackstands, wheel chocks, and a helper are all necessary
Posted on Apr 17, 2014
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
could have been lose lugs
or ABS sencer
or something cought in tire area back of rim or even the wheel well splash gard lose
stock tires will not have this issue but over sized ones might
just some areas to check on
Posted on Nov 28, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
No need to panic rush through this procedure, just do it right. Haste makes waste.
1. Simultaneously depress and release brake and accelerator pedals 1 time.
2. Insert an original Master Key into the ignition but do not turn it.
3. Within 15 seconds depress and release accelerator pedal 5 times.
4. Within 20 seconds depress and release the brake pedal 6 times and remove key.
5. Within 10 seconds insert New Key into ignition but do not turn it.
6. Within 10 seconds depress and release the accelerator pedal 1 time.
7. Now sit and wait for about one minute until the security light in the center counsel stops blinking and turns off.
8. Remove new key and depress and release brake pedal 1 time.
9. Test your key now. It should work if you followed the instructions. If not, you may want to try the following instructions:
This procedure is for 2002 Camry and most other models in this year of Toyota. In the future always give the model as well as year and make. Thanks
Nov 06, 2016 | Toyota Cars & Trucks
on Mar 25, 2010 | Nissan Titan Cars & Trucks
Jan 31, 2014 | 2008 Ford Explorer
May 08, 2017 | 2009 Chevrolet Aveo
Jul 23, 2017 | 2005 Mazda 6
Jul 02, 2017 | Mazda Tribute Cars & Trucks
Feb 26, 2018 | Nissan Pickup Cars & Trucks
Aug 07, 2009 | 2004 BMW Z4
Dec 10, 2008 | 1995 Pontiac Sunfire
48 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: