Question about 1990 Plymouth Acclaim
If you go to any autozone or auto store in your location they will print a diagram for you free of charge
Posted on Apr 16, 2014
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
go to autozone.com and go to vehicle repair info and enter your make model year and then find your timing chain replacement info and pics
i don't think you have to worry about valve bumping on that motor.
Posted on Jan 27, 2009
I did it twice and if you are fairly skilled it will take 4-6 hours, if you have the V6.
Here is the steps:
1. Move car to a place that can support a jack and engine stand.
2. Disconnect battery
3. Loosen wheel lugs on passenger side front tire
4. Jack car on passenger side to lift wheel of the ground
5. Put a block under the oil pan to support the engine
6. Block car frame on left side
7. Remove left front tire
8. Remove v-belt
9. Remove idler pulley
10. Remove and support air conditioner compressor
11. Remove PS pump if you have one
12. Remove motor mount on left side and vacuum / gas connections connected to mount ( mark bolts as to locations )
13. Remove metal plate on engine ( mark bolts as before )
Tricky bolts are on the PS pump (Remove them through PS pulley holes)
14. Remove 3 plastic covers over timing belt ( mark bolts as before )
15. Note timing marks on overhead cams and crank.If none, make some.
16. Ease pressure off timing belt tensioner
17. Remove belt and replace with new. Trick here is to make sure you get the belt notches lined up. Head cams will shift when you remove the old belt. Do not tighten the belt tensioner fully or it will not perform as designed, it should be snug but be able to move.
END... replace part is backward order and drive away !!!
Posted on Dec 16, 2009
For the 1992 Plymouth Acclaim:
Click on the following free, direct Link. It has several Seprentine Belt Diagrams, including one to match your specific 1992 Plymouth Acclaim with the unspecified Engine: 2.5L SOHC In-Line 4-Cylinder or 3.0L SOHC V6; and the unspecified Engine Options (AC/No AC ect.)
Let me know if this helped, or if you have additional information or questions. Feel Free to contact me at FixYa.com!
Posted on Apr 19, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 25, 2014 | 1994 Plymouth Acclaim
Aug 17, 2010 | 1994 Plymouth Acclaim
Apr 17, 2010 | 1992 Plymouth Acclaim
Mar 29, 2010 | 1990 Plymouth Acclaim
Mar 27, 2010 | 1994 Plymouth Acclaim
Mar 11, 2010 | 1995 Plymouth Acclaim
Jan 16, 2010 | 1993 Plymouth Acclaim
Oct 06, 2009 | 1990 Plymouth Acclaim
Jul 12, 2009 | 1992 Plymouth Acclaim
104 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: