a Master rates about a 5 out of 10 with 10 being the hardest
you may find the hardest part is the actual bench bleeding of the master
the replacement of the reservoir
These are the instructions from my service manual, but I do not remove the fluid prior to service steps 2-6
- Disconnect battery ground cable. Disconnect electrical connector from filler cap.
- Remove fluid reservoir filler cap.
- Raise and support vehicle.
- Remove front wheels.
- Remove dust cap and loosen bleed nipple. Connect a bleed tube to bleed nipple and into a suitable container.
- Pump brake pedal until all fluid is expelled. Tighten bleed nipple.
- Lower vehicle. Install brake fluid reservoir cap. Remove air cleaner and air cleaner outlet tube.
- Disconnect central electrical box electrical connector.
- Remove central electrical box retaining screw.
- Remove central electrical box and relocate to air cleaner area.
- Disconnect brake fluid feed tube. Disconnect brake lines.
- On models with anti-lock brakes, disconnect brake lines from Hydraulic Control Unit.
- On all models, remove brake booster vacuum hose.
- Extract master cylinder from vehicle.
- On models with manual transaxles, remove clutch hose from brake/clutch reservoir.
- On all models, remove master cylinder nuts and remove master cylinder.
To install, reverse removal procedure. Bleed brake system.