1-2 Shift Solenoid Valve Replacement ,same for other shift solenoids !
Remove the case side cover. Refer to Control Valve Body Cover Replacement . Disconnect the transaxle wiring harness.
Control Valve Body Cover Replacement
- Remove the air inlet duct. Refer to Air Cleaner Assembly Replacement in Engine Controls - 3.4L.
- Remove the engine mount struts. Refer to Engine Mount Strut Replacement - Left Side and Engine Mount Strut Replacement - Right Side in Engine Mechanical.
- Remove the shift cable bracket from the transmission.
- Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle in General Information.
- Remove the left front tire and wheel. Refer to Tire and Wheel Removal and Installation in Tires and Wheels.
- Remove the left engine splash shield. Refer to Engine Splash Shield Replacement in Body Front End.
- Remove the left tie rod end from the steering knuckle. Refer to Rack and Pinion Outer Tie Rod End Replacement in Power Steering System.
Remove the left wheel speed sensor harness connector (2) and the harness (1) from the lower control arm. Remove the left lower ball joint from the left steering knuckle. Refer to Lower Control Arm Ball Joint Replacement in Front Suspension. Remove the left stabilizer . Refer to Fastener Tightening Specifications in Suspension. Reposition and secure the drive axle toward the rear of the vehicle. Remove the trans mount nuts at the frame.
Failure to disconnect the intermediate shaft from the rack and pinion stub shaft can result in damage to the steering gear and/or damage to the intermediate shaft. This damage may cause loss of steering control which could result in personal injury.
Remove the intermediate shaft (1) from the steering gear (2). Refer to Intermediate Steering Shaft Replacement in Steering Wheel and Column - Tilt.
Support the left side of the frame with a utility stand. Remove the left side frame bolts. Use the utility stand in order to lower the left side of the powertrain enough to gain access the case side cover bolts.
Support the transmission with a transmission jack. Use the utility stand in order to lower the left side of the frame enough to access the case side cover lower bolts. Position the drain pan under the transaxle. Disconnect the transaxle wiring harness electrical connectors.
Remove the case side cover bolts (56-58). 56 are regular bolts ,58 are studs .
Remove the case side cover pan (53).
If not replacing the side cover, steps 24, 25, 26, and 27 are not required.
Remove the case side cover gasket (54). Remove the case side cover inner gasket (59).
Inspect the case side cover (53) for the following conditions:
Damaged or porous gasket sealing surfaces
Damaged or porous casting surfaces
Damaged or stripped bolt holes
Inspect the case side cover gasket (54) and case side cover inner gasket (59) for damage. The gaskets are reusable if they are NOT damaged. Clean the case side cover gasket surfaces
Install the 1-2 shift solenoid (315A). Connect the transaxle wiring harness. Install the case side cover. Refer to Control Valve Body Cover Replacement .
Important: It is recommended that transmission adaptive pressure (TAP) information be reset.
Resetting the TAP values using a scan tool will erase all learned values in all cells. As a result, The ECM, PCM or TCM will need to relearn TAP values. Transmission performance may be affected as new TAP values are learned.
Reset the TAP values. Refer to Transmission Adaptive Functions .
Good luck , this job is a real pain in the ***