Question about 1991 Audi Quattro
1. Disconnect battery.
2. Remove airbag, two hex/torx/or philips head screws in the back of the bag holding it in.
3. Remove wheel. 24mm socket required for this. This is expose the clock spring area. Inspect that.
4. Remove top steering column cover. Two philips screws holding in under the bottom cover. Top cover comes off. The wiring for the horn is in there as well.
5. Remove instrument cluster. Two screws holding that in. Have a flat head handy as well to aid in unplugging the connectors for the cluster.
6. You will see the ignition switch to your right and the harness. Put key in ignition, remove harness, just unplugs. How there will be two small screws holding in the switch. Often, if the switch has never been replaced, they will be covered by a red paint. Take a small philips screw driver and loosen the two screws, no need to remove em. Ignition switch should just slide out.
7. Have new switch handy. No more than $40 even from dealer. Slide switch in. Its good to remember the way the old one came out. Screw down switch, plug in harness.
8. Install the cluster, column cover, and wheel in reverse order from above.
Posted on Sep 19, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 10, 2012 | 1991 Audi 100
Aug 16, 2010 | 1991 Audi 100
Apr 05, 2010 | 1991 Pontiac Trans Sport
Jan 13, 2010 | 1991 Ford Mustang
Apr 24, 2009 | 1991 Audi Quattro
Apr 21, 2009 | 1991 Audi 90
Feb 25, 2018 | 1994 Audi 100
Oct 16, 2008 | 1991 Audi 90
Jul 22, 2008 | 1993 Audi 100
186 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: