Question about 1993 Nissan 240SX

1 Answer

Replaced condenser, want to recharge with 134 rather than r12

Should I buy a conversion kit? Will it require oil? How much 134 will it take?

Posted by on

  • Hal Hallman Jun 18, 2009

    The system is R12...thus the need to convert it. My question was do I need to add compressor oil with the 134...not sure if it comes in the kit..



1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 8 Answers

You only need to buy a conversion kit if the system used r-12. but i dont think it does. the amount u need would be on a sticker under the hood somewhere attached to either a a/c part or check by one of the strut mounts

Posted on Jun 18, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

4 Answers

What type of freon is in GMC trucks of 1987?

R12.... In 1994 R134a was required, but some changed earlier. Yours may have been converted. If the service ports are threaded it still has R12. Hope this helps.

Jul 05, 2011 | 1987 GMC R1500

2 Answers

Can i use r134 referigerent in a R12 compressor

yes but you need to rcover r12 then retro fit the hi side and low side then vacume system then when you ad r134 you only ad 80 percent of what the original amount of r12

May 18, 2011 | 1995 Chevrolet K1500

1 Answer

What kind of coolent to use to recharge a/c

it used R12 originally, u can still buy that on ebay if u have a valid HVAC license, otherwise you must convert the system to the new non ozone harming R134A refrigerant, they sell kits to do this conversion at better auto part stores like Napa and Carquest, beware of the cheaper kits.

Oct 13, 2010 | 1991 Rolls Royce Rolls Royce Silver Spur

1 Answer

I am trying to recharge my air conditioner on my 1993 Town Car......the low pressure valave on my car has a screw thread on it.....I had to purchase an adapter to add r-134 to the car but it is not...

this is an R12 system, R12 is no longer avail except on ebay from private sellers, if the system is low u have a leak and must repair that 1st or very expensive recharge will leak away in a week or so, if u want to do a conversion to R134 see your local Napa or Carquest auto parts stores for a kit to do this conversion, the kits come with full instructioons and are about a skill level of 5 to get done.

Sep 20, 2010 | 1993 Lincoln Town Car

1 Answer

91 Aerostar AC oil capacity

R-12 isn't designed to work in an vehicle so I have no idea what to tell you there. R-22 was used in vehicles but is not available to the general public without a license which cost more than the R-134 conversion kit.

Jul 12, 2010 | 1991 Ford Aerostar Extended

2 Answers

What do I need to replace to convert my ac to r134a on a 88 chevy s-10 blazer

need to have the a/c system evacuated and flushed out with the appropriate cleaner.Replace the orifice tube and drier, and purchase a retrofit kit at any parts house. Recharge system with appropriate amount of oil charge and freon. It will take less R134a than it did R12.

Sep 03, 2009 | 2001 Chevrolet Blazer

3 Answers

What type of freon i use for a 1990 lincoln town car?

R-12 if it has not been converted to R-134.....should be able to tell by valve on low side pressure fill tube...R-12 is getting hard to find....

Aug 09, 2009 | 1990 Lincoln Town Car

12 Answers

Low pressure valve in Audi A4 1996

Does it have a cycling low pressure switch in the low side line? If so remove it and charge through that port.

Apr 11, 2009 | 1996 Audi A4

1 Answer

Ac conversion

sometimes, it is located after the compressor or after the condenser before the dryer.

look closely on all the lines. it could be a 3/16 fitting if it is an original R-12. and not a 1/4 standard fitting for R-12.



Aug 10, 2008 | 1992 Acura Integra Hatchback

3 Answers


Bring it to a qualified a/c technition! you need a licence to recharge or handle 134a. there are very large fines for improper procedures and handling

Aug 04, 2008 | 1991 Toyota Previa

Not finding what you are looking for?
1993 Nissan 240SX Logo

Related Topics:

101 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Nissan Experts


Level 3 Expert

82313 Answers

Phil Lovisek
Phil Lovisek

Level 3 Expert

726 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22382 Answers

Are you a Nissan Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides